JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

IF Will quits music, would you contintue to support him in other areas?

MissAshley

Ok why is he not a good actor...

He cant play that many roles. Actually, he has played like five different characters over the last 16 years, with only one or two of them being in succesfull movies. It seems he know his limitations though. When he made Ali, he knew he had to become Ali to make a decent performance. He couldnt turn the character off when he wasnt at the set. Most good actors could have done it just as good but with the ability to become themselves again when the days work was over.

Will doesnt often look like a bad actor but that is mainly because the movies he pick is often even worse than himself. If you got a tree with bad apples you pick the least bad. That makes him look decent, but even at the bottom level he tends to play over (or what you call it when it soundss and looks forced).

In I, Robot, he was supposed to play a hard angry guy, and that held for like five minutes before he started joking and goofing around again. If Will continues to act like himself as a teenager then sure he can continue to look decent in bad movies. But he does not deserve to be called a top-class actor when I am 100% sure that he would ruin a good movie if he had a large part in it. I mean.. imagine Will in like Pulp Fiction... or Delicatessen.. or in Fitzcarraldo... or in Hero... or in The Green Mile... and so on. It wouldnt work. A good actor can do more than a few roles. A good actor doesnt sound forced in dialogues (just watch Hitch.. geez...)... Few good actors act in many bad movies.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok why is he not a good actor...

He cant play that many roles. Actually, he has played like five different characters over the last 16 years, with only one or two of them being in succesfull movies. It seems he know his limitations though. When he made Ali, he knew he had to become Ali to make a decent performance. He couldnt turn the character off when he wasnt at the set. Most good actors could have done it just as good but with the ability to become themselves again when the days work was over.

Will doesnt often look like a bad actor but that is mainly because the movies he pick is often even worse than himself. If you got a tree with bad apples you pick the least bad. That makes him look decent, but even at the bottom level he tends to play over (or what you call it when it soundss and looks forced).

In I, Robot, he was supposed to play a hard angry guy, and that held for like five minutes before he started joking and goofing around again. If Will continues to act like himself as a teenager then sure he can continue to look decent in bad movies. But he does not deserve to be called a top-class actor when I am 100% sure that he would ruin a good movie if he had a large part in it. I mean.. imagine Will in like Pulp Fiction... or Delicatessen.. or in Fitzcarraldo... or in Hero... or in The Green Mile... and so on. It wouldnt work. A good actor can do more than a few roles. A good actor doesnt sound forced in dialogues (just watch Hitch.. geez...)... Few good actors act in many bad movies.

ok...

Made in America..Six Degrees of Sep...BB..ID4...Enemy of the State..MIB...WWW...I, Robot...Sharktale...hitch...POH...There are at least 8 or 9 distiniguishable charachter sin these movies, it is all not the same person...if you think will smith in BB2 was the same as Will SMmith in Legend of BV, you have not seen either movie

will picks bad movies? his lfetime total box office drawing is over 1.8 billion! His average for a film is over 120million!!! cmon, people would not pay that much just to see him play the same charachter over and over..

he didn't really "joke and goof around" in i,robot..all he did was relax as a charachter, it was part of the role..annnd i think thats it

The dudes in ID4, MIB, WWW, Hitch, BB and Sharktale is very much like eachother. Street smart guys not seldom interested in some lady and always charming in the same way. Sure, there are a small twist in most of the characters but the base are all te same.

Since when has quality anything with numbers to do?

50 Cent sells good, Will Smith sold okey, who's cds are the better?

Its the same with movies. I think most here would agree (except for Julie and some more) that Ali is better than Wild Wild West but it still didnt make the same amount of money.

And yeah, its a part of the role... a part of "all" his roles.

It may sound weird or loretta-like but I actually love will for his character, for himself. The real will smith. Not the musician or actor.

And anything that gives me an opportunity to see or hear him makes me happy.

That's why I try to get all of his stuff wether it's his music or movies doesn't matter. I may not like some of his albums or movies but I stil enjoy them.

Well, actually i have to agree with lerk on most of his statements about Wills acting. The reason why people go out and watch his movies is that they want to see him goofing and joking around. People are used to his humour and coolness. And his acting in Baggeer Vance was worse than everyting i've ever seen in such movies.

Ali was good, but people didn't want to see it. Just compare Denzel to Will and you'll see what makes an actor great.

Ali was good, but people didn't want to see it.

Earlier, Lerkot said...

Since when has quality anything with numbers to do?

50 Cent sells good, Will Smith sold okey, who's cds are the better?

If you're going to agree with Lerkot, you two need to coordinate and get the talking points down...