JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

IF Will quits music, would you contintue to support him in other areas?

MissAshley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all like I said most of us here are bigger supporters of his music than his movies, I don't know if I'm gonna run to the movie theater the first day his movie drops like I would run to the record store the day his album comes out, I think people have the right to have their own preferences, why are you so worried abut this anyway? I thought Will does movies for credability and not so much being the top box office king right? Will only does music to sell millions of albums? I doubt it, he just does the artistry to touch lives, I don't think he looks at us as just statistics....

I'm simply defining the question and making a point. I think there's a double standard when it comes to Will's movies and his music. If tomorrow, Will were to say that he was quitting movies for music and people were saying that they would no longer support him, or that they wouldn't run out to the record store to buy his album on the first day, or wouldn't continue to tune into whatever talk show he's on when he's talking about music, I think many people wouldn't consider them real fans of Will, or fairweather fans. I know someone will say, "Well music is more personal." True, but in the long interview Will had recently, he got very personal.

I don't think that Will does music simply to sell albums, but I think we tend to underestimate the amount of work it takes to put out an album, not get some of the tracks you want on it, promote it, and then for the production company to screw you and you come away looking bad. The poster I responded to said that if Will promoted his albums more, he'd sell more. I introduced Interscope to this discussion to point out that there are a lot of other factors and it's not as easy as Will doing more promotion.

It is very easy.

Also, what would people's response be if Lerkot went around saying that Will was a bad rapper or sucked as a rapper?

Well first of all like I said most of us here are bigger supporters of his music than his movies, I don't know if I'm gonna run to the movie theater the first day his movie drops like I would run to the record store the day his album comes out, I think people have the right to have their own preferences, why are you so worried abut this anyway? I thought Will does movies for credability and not so much being the top box office king right? Will only does music to sell millions of albums? I doubt it, he just does the artistry to touch lives, I don't think he looks at us as just statistics....

I'm simply defining the question and making a point. I think there's a double standard when it comes to Will's movies and his music. If tomorrow, Will were to say that he was quitting movies for music and people were saying that they would no longer support him, or that they wouldn't run out to the record store to buy his album on the first day, or wouldn't continue to tune into whatever talk show he's on when he's talking about music, I think many people wouldn't consider them real fans of Will, or fairweather fans. I know someone will say, "Well music is more personal." True, but in the long interview Will had recently, he got very personal.

I don't think that Will does music simply to sell albums, but I think we tend to underestimate the amount of work it takes to put out an album, not get some of the tracks you want on it, promote it, and then for the production company to screw you and you come away looking bad. The poster I responded to said that if Will promoted his albums more, he'd sell more. I introduced Interscope to this discussion to point out that there are a lot of other factors and it's not as easy as Will doing more promotion.

It is very easy.

Also, what would people's response be if Lerkot went around saying that Will was a bad rapper or sucked as a rapper?

Yeah Will's a great person with what he said in his interviews, I probably will see "POH" when it comes out right away but some of the movies he might do I might not be that excited about is all I said, the truth is none of his movies get me excited as his music does, so does that make me a fairweather fan?

There's no way i could ever NOT follow everything he does.

I'm not simply a fan of Will Smith/JJFP's music, i'm a fan of the people that they are.

I'll follow Will's carrer in whichever direction he decides to take it.

Of course, it goes without saying that i'd be devestated if he did actually give up music for good, but if that's what he decides then he obviously thinks it's what's best for him.

I'll support Will forever.

I'm not simply a fan of Will Smith/JJFP's music, i'm a fan of the people that they are.

Of course, it goes without saying that i'd be devestated if he did actually give up music for good, but if that's what he decides then he obviously thinks it's what's best for him.

You summed it up perfectly exactly how I feel, I'm a fan of JJFP as people, even Jeff gradually decides to relax a bit from music and do something else he got my back forever too, these are more like brothers to me than just artists, they're real people

He should put his time into Kel Spencer&Tra-Knox...

the truth is none of his movies get me excited as his music does, so does that make me a fairweather fan?

Not at all. The point I was making was that there's a double standard. I think that there are people who feel that those who aren't feeling his music but are fans of his movies aren't true fans.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tra-Knox is tight. Period. Great voices.

Yeah good for Tra-Knox. But what I tried to say is that the group dont exist anymore, and putting time into something that dont exist would be a waste of time... so spend time on Tra-Knox would be like.. going to church.

Tra-Knox is tight. Period. Great voices.

Yeah good for Tra-Knox. But what I tried to say is that the group dont exist anymore, and putting time into something that dont exist would be a waste of time... so spend time on Tra-Knox would be like.. going to church.

theres a fine line between speaking your mind and saying stuff to purposely get other riled up..this is like, youre 3rd attempt to piss people off on this thread..first will is a terrible actor, and now God doesn't exist..i'm not saying you can't so it-freedom of speech, and you are welcome to post whatever you like..but why would you do it? don't you have anything better to do?

if you feel he is not a good actor, and you certainly want everyone to know your opinions, why not back it up with some kind of facts? why is he not a good actor?

controversy for the sake of controversy is, in my mind, the most immature thing ever