JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

IF Will quits music, would you contintue to support him in other areas?

MissAshley

Well the main thing is that Will's happy, I wish him the best really in whatever he does, he got my back, the thing that got me confused though is that he said that he don't listen to music anymore when I thought music was his life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll support him as long as I think he's making good movies (or music if that happens). But I won't kepp on supporting him if I don't like what he does...

Yeah if Will starts acting weird like Tom Cruise as well then I won't like him that much as I used to either

Ofcourse! Even though it is his music i loved from the beginning there is no denial in that he is a superb actor as well.

If Will continues to make good movies, I'd certainly continue to support him. The problem I see with a lot of the posts saying otherwise is that I can't believe people didn't realize that Will would eventually hang up the mic, and prepare accordingly. Did people think Will would be rapping at 50? It is inevitable that he is going to put aside music at some point. So were people preparing to jump off the bandwagon as soon as he did or is it that you're angry that there's a possibility he will do so too early?

Edited by MaxFly

Music fans are very fickle like I said, some people wonder why artists can't be true to their fans but the truth is that fans ain't true to the artists more really, I think though that Will could rap until 50 if he wanted to more than other rappers since he actually raps about life issues, there's people out there that'd relate to him more than rappers who just talk about shooting and slapping women around, they ain't gonna have any audience to take them seriously when they're 50 years old, but hey if music ain't his passion anymore why do it? Will should do what makes him happy 'cause at the end of the day it's his life when the cheers stop, he has to look out for himself a lil' bit,if music don't make him happy, then he should do things that make him happy

If Will continues to make good movies, I'd certainly continue to support him. The problem I see with a lot of the posts saying otherwise is that I can't believe people didn't realize that Will would eventually hang up the mic, and prepare accordingly. Did people think Will would be rapping at 50? It is enevitable that he is going to put aside music at some point. So were people preparing to jump off the bandwagon as soon as he did or is it that you're angry that there's a possibility he will do so too early?

I was thinking about this last night actually, like he's gonna quit eventually...I think it just seems kinda abrupt, or unexpected

Would I continue to support him in other areas?

I don't know. I always have and always Will be a JJFP/Will Smith music fan first. I've only seen about 4 of Will's movies. Him playing someone else doesn't interest me as much as hearing who he really is and what he thinks as a person. His music is as real as he gets and I really like that and it hurts that hes not doing it anymore.

It's not like I'm hating on him, I mean I'll never say I hate him its just right now its tough to say.

Yea, I agree to this one!

I've seen many movies by Will but I like his music more, too!

And now to hear that he probably will stop makin music is hard and very, very disappointing! It's makin me go mad because I love his music way more than his movies and I still wanna listen to some great tracks by him, I still wanna hear more, u know? I don't have enough of his music but I have enough of his movies...

He can still make movies when he's very old, don't care but right now I wanna have more music by him!

Oh the question if I will still support him: In his movies? No, not really cuz' I don't really care about his movies, I only watch a few when they're good or seem to be good. As a person? Of course - always! Music-thing? If he will still do some music then of course, if he doesn't, then I can't because then there's nothing new to support. The older stuff, all of his albums and everything, yeah I'll always support them!

To be honest if i look back over Lost & Found, that really does some up what a final album would be.

Addressing the people that hate on him, Talk about the state of the industry, Talk about his skills, A shout out to the fans. It had it all.

So IF (and i'm sick of saying that cos it is an IF people) it was his last album then he's gone out on a very big high.

Lets try and end this talk now, i know tis hard but we'll be waiting ages before we hear anything else from his mouth on this probably, so lets just wait and see.

As for following him if his career in music was over. I would. His movies are generally good, especially the last few so why not.

im totally gonna support him, i like his music 100% and i like his movies 90%. Im still gonna go and see every movie he does, even if its another bagger vance. Im not as interested in directing or writing tho, maybe get them on dvd or something.

i knew he would quit eventually and when sony dropped him after b2r i thought that was it and i was prepared, but its after lost and found, everything he said, there was gonna be a tour and everything, i just didnt expect it right now, i thought the most likely thing would be one more album.