JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

pursuit premier video

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how I made a post about this two days ago lol...

Wow, I don't know how I feel. I'm gonna vent right now actually. I think Will is stupid. As soon as him being on tour for 6-8 months with Jazzy worldwide never happened, I knew he wasn't fully back into the music. He's a hypocrite. He really is. Every time he drops an album its "Will Smith's comeback to rap music". Freakin be consistent or dont do it at all. Seriously. Its getting old now, I'm sick and tired of waiting the last 4 years of new music material and only really got a small portion of news. He obviously doesnt care about music anymore. He can say "how hes found himself and the true rapper in him" and all this bull**** but we all know hes playing on us. Jada acts too, she can bring the money in to. Movies are so time consuming. Poor Jeff, at least he STAYS TRUE. Its not '95, Will isnt young anymore. Hes getting older and if he wants to be involved with music, NOW IS THE TIME. Go ahrad and sign yourself on to 5 more movies, talk about maintaining your music fans.

There so much music out there now that I'm fine without new material from Will. Would I love it? Yes, but its ridiculous now. If he wants to stop one album short of a milestone 10, then go ahead. Pathetic. His albums list should be as long as his movies porfolio.

/end rant

im sorry guys, call me a hater if you wish but I'm fed up.

I think you are going to far with this. If you listen closely you hear that he asks about the music MONEY. So he could mean something else with it, for example in the past the music brought more money and that today the movie brings the big money. We all know Will is crazy about making songs.

i am really shocked by this and bcoz i wasnt expecting it im mortified. I would have expected it after b2r, but not lost and found, he was possibly at his best, he had a hit single, rap fans enjoyed it, he even promised us a tour, then a year later hes done completely.

im not hopeful about this whole thing, Will seems to have changed dramatically, first that weird interview now this, what happened to his passion for the music. and who gives a **** about directing, i dont.

Ice Cube's directing and performing in some films and he still finds time to rap once in a while, he actually released his first rap album in 6 years this year so who knows maybe in a few years we might see Will release another album in between directing and performing in films, woosah, let the man live his life, he's not a rap machine

and who gives a **** about directing, i dont.

Its not your career.

Okey, lets stop discussing Will, because we arent him, lets stop discuss his music because we didnt do it, and lets stop discuss his movie career since it isnt ours. Would be very funny.

Also, outside of the forum; never ever mention George Bush if you arent him, and dont critizise anything he does. Its his career. Same thing with Tony Blair, Fredrik Reinfeldt, Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein etc.

Thats fair enough, stop discussing it Lerkot if thats the way you feel. But thats not what I said, I said its his career, not that we cant talk about it or have our own opinions. You took my comment out of context. Julies stated her opinion, thats fine, I have no problem with that, I was given you the fact that it really doesnt matter how much we disagree with it, its his career and his decision. I mean damn, we dont even have a legitimate source or statement and you're all acting like its the end of the world.

Edited by Big Willie

Well you could clearly tell that on "lost and found" album the way that he was rapping that he wasn't happy with how the music industry is, it's still the same now so it doesn't really surprise me, the rap industry has basically reached rock bottom, the movie industry is where he could reach his biggest potential and get the full respect he deserves, he has to do what's best for him at this point, the fans are loyal to go out and see all of his films but rap fans are very fickle

Yes that's right but I don't like it!

1st: I know and like Will more as a musician and not as an actor!

2nd: He always says that he like to do music more and is doing his movies only by the side because he likes that, too and many people love to watch his movies, either!

3rd: But then suddenly he starts to make way more movies and even suddenly says that the music may be in the past - so he's done wit' it!

4th: Yeah, that's it - I'm very, very disappointed... I expected at least one more album by him...