JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

pursuit premier video

no no no no, i was watching this video from the premier, at the end its really hard to hear but some1 asks about new music and Will says "that might all be in the past", i think he talks about directing and writing instead, its really hard to hear it tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21C-1qD710

i really really hope i misheard this.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could clearly tell that on "lost and found" album the way that he was rapping that he wasn't happy with how the music industry is, it's still the same now so it doesn't really surprise me, the rap industry has basically reached rock bottom, the movie industry is where he could reach his biggest potential and get the full respect he deserves, he has to do what's best for him at this point, the fans are loyal to go out and see all of his films but rap fans are very fickle

Yes he's human like everybody else, Will's been a top name in Hollywood for years, you would've thought that he'd quit 10 years ago if it was just about the money, I think it's basically about pride, I don't think he wants to come across as angry and bitter, he's tired of constantly being criticised everytime he puts out an album for being too soft, blame fickle rap fans and critics for the reason why he's quitting, he probably wants to curse them all out but he wants to go out with dignity, he don't wanna look like an out of touch ol' school rapper, maybe if they appreciated his skills more he'd want to stay, movie fans appreciate him, he's going where he's loved, it's about power and respect as well as money, you want to do something where you get paid good but you also want to do something where you feel appreciated, Will wasn't feeling the love that he deserved

You'd atleast think Will would want to go out with an album. An album that he announces as his last. Maybe he's just running out of things to say in his music

I know, He was on the up from B2R if anything. We'll wait and see. This just confirms he isn't doing any music for a while cos its not on his mind at all right now.

Yes he's human like everybody else, Will's been a top name in Hollywood for years, you would've thought that he'd quit 10 years ago if it was just about the money, I think it's basically about pride, I don't think he wants to come across as angry and bitter, he's tired of constantly being criticised everytime he puts out an album for being too soft, blame fickle rap fans and critics for the reason why he's quitting, he probably wants to curse them all out but he wants to go out with dignity, he don't wanna look like an out of touch ol' school rapper, maybe if they appreciated his skills more he'd want to stay, movie fans appreciate him, he's going where he's loved, it's about power and respect as well as money, you want to do something where you get paid good but you also want to do something where you feel appreciated, Will wasn't feeling the love that he deserved

true that, critics didnt show much love to his music, but wit L&F things changed, he recieved much respect in alhiphop.com and switch become a hit, even he wont an AMA, maybe before he could say critics strees hima lot, but las year i ddint see much hate over him, i dont get it.

Now I think he loves music and performing but I'm sure he don't like how he always gotta be criticised for being soft constantly even though he's one of the most skilled mcs ever, he might just do music for himself at this point, the way things are going nobody's gonna be buying rap music in a couple years anyway while people will still be going to movies, unless something miraculous in the rap industry happens, really rappers ain't saying or doing anything worthwhile at least on a mainstream level, the most innovative rappers don't get support by the media or the fans, I think the fact that Interscope didn't want to release "Tell Me Why" might've been the last straw for him to continue rapping as well, he's sick of the industry bull****, but as an actor he don't have to receive all that criticism for his acting ability, he's accepted as an actor much more than he is as a rapper even though he spent much longer doing music, that probably hurts his pride but the music industry is much more shady, and the thing is too he did have success with "Lost and Found" and he beat out 50 Cent at the AMA's, he probably figured that he might not be able to top "Lost and Found" and a lot of his other great music at this point either, he really put his soul into that album, he might want to go out on top instead of dragging along his career to the point where only a few people check for him, he don't want to end up like some of his ol' school buddies and not be heard at all, maybe when the time's right he'll do another album though, he'll probably do some more shows too for the fans, you don't need an album out to do performances

Edited by bigted

i hope he loves, and i still think he wont quit, maybe he's passin an angry mood, he'll realize no matter how many people hate him, he still recieve some support from people like us :thumbsup: