JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z response to Jim Jones

Bob

I've never seen Jay-Z as lyrical. Girls, bling, bragging...a lil' guns, a lil' sex, and lots of cussing. That's just an uncreative turn off 2 me. His stuff isn't imaginative at all. Snoop has much more 2 say to a more mature audience...but i wouldn't even consider him very lyrical. When i think of lyrics...i think of Rakim, FP, Talib, LL, Lyte, Chuck D, etc.

I consider Jay-Z lyrical...not really for his subject matter but for his rhyme schemes,metaphor and storytelling...and the occasional dope concept.

I agree that Snoop isn't that lyrical...he is more about the style and flow. But on the Blue Carpet Treatment he put out quite a few lyrical joints...as far as multisyllabic rhymes are concerned...

AJ//

Then you haven't listened to Jay-Z. And FP wasn't bling bling too?

I have heard Jay-Z's albums!! I even have a few that i picked up used for like a dollar or 2 just for a cameo from an artist or producer that i like. I'm not pulling my opinions outta thin air. We don't have 2 fight over a difference of opinon. And FP has never been about bling. He'll tell u he's one of the best emcees or throw out a materialistic line here and there as a hit below the belt for those wack rappers who worship money and material things.

Reasonable Doubt waz Jay-Z's only good album...and it's still not on the level of anything like Me Against The World.

We're not here to compare, FP 2pac and Jay Z are all three different type of artists, they come from the same experences, but 2pac was the only one who told us what it was like because he wanted the public to know what it was like, Jay-z's "In My Lifetime" "Life Of S.Carter" etc. are brilliant albums...Instead of skipping the tracks to the producer you like, actually listen to his lyrics b4 u form a opinoin...shhh

Gettin Jiggy With It is a blingblingsong.

Jay-Z' new album ain't really that much different than 50 Cent's last album, 2 good songs and the rest are fillers, a lot of people are gonna buy it though since it got catchy beats on it and he's paying his way to be on TV all day, no matter what channel you turn to you see him on there these days, the only thing I think that Jay-Z' the GOAT at is beat selection, if Will and Nas had his ear for beats they'd be even more popular than he is since they'll have top notch beats and lyrics, basically that's what's been carrying him lately, his lyrics ain't really any better than Jim Jones and Dipset, they could probably beat him at this point on the mic like I said earlier but unfortunately Jay-Z will basically payola his way out of the battle, btw this ain't roc-a-fella.com either where you could talk about Jay-Z all you want, people get on me for talking about krs so much so i slowed down on that, please understand that not all of us like jay-z here and want to talk about him everyday, i been trying to ignore this post as long as possible after i had to say what i said earlier but enough with all the damn jay-z posts

Ted your condricting yourself, and I hate people that do that...say that we chat about Jay-z, but it wasnt me who made the post, yet you make posts about Krs everyday, not everyone here likes KRS either but you like to spend countless hours chatting about him, it's useless, n if you hear the lyrics he is actually spitting on "Kingdom Come" they are much better than dipset, how can u even compare the two, And Will And Nas can get the same beats if they paid for them, easily, it's not like Jay'z will say no 2 Will wanting to buy a beat...ofcourse he wouldnt...