JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Article From Sohh.com About ROTM

bigted

DJ Jazzy Jeff Preps "Magnificent" Return With Help From Little Brother, Rhymest and Method Man

Friday - November 17, 2006 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas

DJ Jazzy Jeff is currently putting finishing touches on his sophomore album, The Return Of The Magnificent.

Solely produced by Jeff, the album will feature appearances from Method Man, Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, Rhymefest, Raheem DeVaughn, Kardinal Offishall, Little Brother, CL Smooth and KRS-One, among others.

"I technically could be done," Jeff explained to Billboard recently. "I probably was done about a month-and-a-half ago and I'm just really tweaking stuff. I came to the conclusion today that I'm just gonna go home, finish everything that I've done so far and just close it out, but I never want to say I'm done."

Jeff, who is currently touring the UK, will return to the U.S. on Tuesday (November 21) before heading out to Asia for a two-and-a-half week outing.

The Philly bred producer/turntablist is also setting up projects with Biz Markie, Jean Grae and Eric Roberson.

DJ Jazzy Jeff's The Return Of The Magnificent is due in stores early next year

• Admin

Cheers for that Ted.

Wow what a line up. Theres still one name missing for me though.

I don't think you'll see it unfortunately :protest:

BillBoard Article

Jazzy Jeff Nabs Meth, De La, Rhymefest For Solo Set

November 16, 2006, 1:05 PM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

DJ Jazzy Jeff is putting the finishing touches on "The Return of the Magnificent," the follow-up to his 2002 solo debut "The Magnificent" (Rapster). Due early next year, the entirely self-produced disc will feature appearances by Method Man, Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, Rhymefest and KRS-One, among others.

Although the material is relatively set, Jeff says he is still perfecting tracks. "I technically could be done. I probably was done about a month-and-a-half ago and I'm just really tweaking stuff," the DJ tells Billboard.com from a trek in Scotland. "I came to the conclusion today that I'm just gonna go home, finish everything that I've done so far and just close it out, but I never want to say I'm done."

Similar to his first offering, "The Return" will merge various genres and collaborators such as Raheem DeVaughn, Kardinal Offishall, Little Brother and CL Smooth.

"As a DJ, I like playing all kinds of different music so it's the same thing when it comes down to making it," says Jeff. "A lot of producers don't really have the ability to go outside of what they're known for [but] I've done a little bit of everything. So to be able to do a record that touches on R&B, soul, some hip-hop, house, and not really be confined was a treat for me because it's not really an artist album. It's more like a producer album."

In the disc's interim, Jeff issued the mixtape "Hip-Hop Forever III," a blend of classic and rare hip-hop cuts and current hits, including songs by A Tribe Called Quest ("Award Tour"), Mobb Deep ("Quiet Storm") and Eric B & Rakim ("Eric B Is the President"), among others.

And for "The Return," Jeff chose to stick with his usual recipe. "I have a very weird philosophy when it comes down to music," he explains. "It's almost like you're going to your favorite restaurant and you order your favorite meal. When you go back, you're really mad if they don't have itm so I wanted to keep the same formula that I had with the last album but be a little bit more progressive with it. I went from every genre of music that I had something to do with."

Next up, Jeff is setting up projects with Biz Markie, Jean Grae and Eric Roberson. He will return to the States Nov. 21 before heading to Asia for a two-and-a-half-week outing.

"I've been pretty much touring the world for past four=and-a-half years since the last album came out," he says. "Just to get a really good grip of where the world is musically, not just the United States. It seems like the genres are starting to change around the world."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...