JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith vs. Kanye West

Jin

A lot of us go on the fence when it comes to Kanye. He does something cool like Jesus Walks but he counters that by something award-show related or something.

But people here give him credit because saying how cool Will is can get old from time to time.

And Touch the Sky was a cool video. :thumbsup:

God Blessa!

I really don't think Kanye's getting that much respect these days, with him stirring up controversey everywhere is only gonna make him lose fans, people are getting tired of him already and he's only been in the game for a couple of years, he probably won't be around 20 years like Will if he keeps it up and I think currently Will's actually probably gotten more respect since he released "Lost and Found" than Kanye got in the last year or so, Kanye needs to quit acting like an idiot and just make music

Edited by bigted

I don't know why Kanye gets the respect he does. He is a good producers. His rhymes skillz are weak and most of his rhymes are lackluster. That being said, he is definitly a step up from the 50 Cent/Ja-Rule/Young Joc type crap. So maybe that's it. Maybe it's just a front he puts on...but he comes across as an ignorant self-indulged fool with a misconception of his skill on the mic. Whether that's how he really is, who knows.

Fresh Prince and Kanye West and way 2 different 2 compare if u ask me. Like most legends, FP's old school roots and refusal 2 lower himself 2 the standards of 2day's foolish radio-staple rappers has kept him from breaking out with a monster of an album when it comes 2 mainstream success. Lyric for lyric, does Kanye have any leverage against FP...heck 2 the nizzo!!

• Members

I like Kanye´s music,too.He has good rhyme skills(one of my favourites is "Touch the sky").But I think he can´t reach Will.Will is now 20 years in that bussiness and he brings hot singles out from year to year(like "Switch").I don´t think that anybody will know Kanye in 15years.

Sorry for my bad Englisch :redface: .

Well the answer to why other people do it probably because Kanye started doing it in a time where those subjects weren't being adressed in the music biz. And there was a huge need for it.

Well since Will seems to hang with Tom Cruise a lot these days, he'll probably start doing public tantrums too so it might be an even ground now, lol

I agree I think Kanye's songs are cool. Thats just the way it goes tho in the industry! The people who deserve the most praise and recognition simply don't get it!

Agreed!

I like Kanye's stuff, too but not everything, the most of it tho'!

The thing that Will doesn't get so much recognition is really sad, yepp... :(