JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Ice-T album

dparrott

OK, yes it's the same content, but the difference is Ice-T and NWA are more than just their lyrical content, they also have incredible mic skills, where as 50 doesn't. There's no way 50 could spit like Ice-T does on "New Jack Hustler", "Lethal Weapon", or "Hit The Deck", or many NWA songs, or have their energy. Him and many rappers today sound like they're half asleep and I hate that.

Plus Ice-T did more than make "I'm a gangsta" songs, he also described the downsides of that lifestyle.

Edited by dparrott

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They changed hiphop in a major way"..Yeah thanks a lot for that...

I think The Godfather is a good movie.

N.W.A. didnt make good hip hop. In fact, I cant say they made hip hop at all.

Same thing with Ice-T and 50 Cent. I think you probably would have thought the same thing if they came out as late as 50 did. Its the same ****. Gangsta gangsta gangsta, I got a gun in my wardrobe, a hoe in my closet and drugs in my pocket. Sometimes they blend it with some political words, but crap doesnt taste good even if you add sugar.

There's no difference between The Godfather and NWA's music. N.W.A.'s music is telling violent stories, stories of power, stories of an outlaw life, the same thing that The Godfather and Scarface do. Dre had great, original beats for N.W.A. (And Tupac later on) and Ice Cube had (and still has) great flow and witty word play. It's good hip-hop with violent themes, and at the time it was very original.

50, on the other hand, comes off, to me at least, as a poor imitation of that original music. His flow is horrid and his lyrical skill (ignoring content) leaves much to be desired. He doesn't tell stories, he spits lines.

You're right, it is now Gangsta gangsta gangsta. But the problem isn't that there's gangsta music, it's that there's nothing but gangsta music. Some is entertaining, but now it's to the point where it's repetitive and predictable. When N.W.A. hit, it was neither boring nor repetitive, it was original.

Lerk.. You have the right to say your opinion and everything man, but those statements are kind off foolish.. N.W.A arent legends? Dre is over 40 and runs Hip-Hop.. Everybody dreams to spit over some Dre ****.. You know it.. Ice Cube, ever heard No Vaseline? I love that song man.. Can you really say he does'nt have skills? Just dont say anything man.. Enough hating for now.. but do your thing.. except the hating part:)

Peace..

Edited by Pakalicous

Well life isn't sugar coated Lerkot, gangsta rap potrays the way life really is, Ice-T is the definition of true gangsta rap, he puts reality into his raps

"They changed hiphop in a major way"..Yeah thanks a lot for that...

I think The Godfather is a good movie.

N.W.A. didnt make good hip hop. In fact, I cant say they made hip hop at all.

Same thing with Ice-T and 50 Cent. I think you probably would have thought the same thing if they came out as late as 50 did. Its the same ****. Gangsta gangsta gangsta, I got a gun in my wardrobe, a hoe in my closet and drugs in my pocket. Sometimes they blend it with some political words, but crap doesnt taste good even if you add sugar.

There's no difference between The Godfather and NWA's music. N.W.A.'s music is telling violent stories, stories of power, stories of an outlaw life, the same thing that The Godfather and Scarface do. Dre had great, original beats for N.W.A. (And Tupac later on) and Ice Cube had (and still has) great flow and witty word play. It's good hip-hop with violent themes, and at the time it was very original.

50, on the other hand, comes off, to me at least, as a poor imitation of that original music. His flow is horrid and his lyrical skill (ignoring content) leaves much to be desired. He doesn't tell stories, he spits lines.

You're right, it is now Gangsta gangsta gangsta. But the problem isn't that there's gangsta music, it's that there's nothing but gangsta music. Some is entertaining, but now it's to the point where it's repetitive and predictable. When N.W.A. hit, it was neither boring nor repetitive, it was original.

Well, yes there is difference. There's a difference between movies and music, and between stories and stories. I dont like storytelling - especially not when it isnt really storytelling, it is the rapper trying to fool you that he is living a life he really isnt living. Like 50 Cent, Ice-T and the NWA dudes are doing.

I dont really care about beats and flow - and if I did, it wouldnt help NWA.

But sure, it might have been original, though I cant really get what the original thing would be really... And original doesnt automatically mean good.

Well life isn't sugar coated Lerkot, gangsta rap potrays the way life really is, Ice-T is the definition of true gangsta rap, he puts reality into his raps

Yeah okey you go ahead and live in your little dream world where gangsta rappers are telling the truth while I continue live in reality.

Well, yes there is difference. There's a difference between movies and music, and between stories and stories. I dont like storytelling -

Uh why do like Slick Rick then if you don't like storytellin'?

Fair enough.. but what I dont understand is how you cant like beats and flows? Hip hop is about beats and flows.. Just wondering.. You cant make a good song without a good beat.. really.. And flow is most importent for rappers... everyone has a diffrent flow.. Like FP.. Great flow might I add.. So truthfully man.. you dont make sence at all.. Dont you like Outkast to? Big Boi got the illest flows.. who can forget ms.Jackson..

Peace...

Edited by Pakalicous

(AJ ignoring all that's been said)

I haven't heard Ice-T's new album...but i definitly want it. I'm not against Ice-T doing an R-N-B influenced track or 2. After all, he's been doing this forever and Ice-T's life is totally different...leading 2 different music.