JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mike Shinoda (from Linkin Park and Fort Minor) lists JJFP as one of his main influences growing up

PhiL

• Members

In a fan web chat on the Linkin Park fan club website Mike Shinoda listed DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince as one of his favorite and influential hip hop artists while growing up.

I can't post a link to the chat as it was on the Linkin Park Fan club site and you gotta pay to get in there but i can post the quote from the chat

Question - Hey Mike how's it going? I was just wondering you influenced you while growing up

Mike - Hi i'm doing great thanks. The artists that have influenced me are Run DMC, 2Pac, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, you know all the greats.

Mike have also said on the fan club forums that Lost and found was one of his favorite albums of 2005

Edited by PhiL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that's dope, thanks for sharing

First off, I would like to say that the following is my opinion, I'm not trying to start a debate or argument at all. And you will not change my opinion of this: but Fort Minor is bad. It is cool that Mike lists JJFP, and other great artists tho'. But I think that maybe one or two albums down the road, Fort Minor will be good, but that first album...I just don't like what I've heard from it.

thats cool, im glad to hear that, if only other mcs would admit jjfp is an influence hahah

A lot of mcs say that they look up to JJFP like Fat Joe, TI, Ludacris, Nelly, Jay-Z, and even supposedly Will's biggest hater Eminem was listening to JJFP growing up, lol