JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Afeni Shakur Announces Release Date For Brand New 2Pac Album

bigted

Afeni Shakur Announces Release Date For Brand New Tupac Album

By Clarence Burke Jr.

Date: 10/19/2006 9:50 am

A new generation of rappers will pay tribute to Tupac Shakur on the upcoming posthumous release by the rapper, titled Pac's Life.

Pac's Life, which is the follow-up to 2004's platinum-selling studio album Loyal To The Game, consists of previously unreleased vocals by Tupac combined with new contributions from rappers like Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, T.I., Young Buck, Ashanti, Lil' Scrappy, Carl Thomas, Keyshia Cole, Outlawz, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Big Skye, Papoose and others.

Production from Swizz Beatz, LT Hutton, G-Unit's Sha Money XL and others round out the album, which is being executive produced by Afeni Shakur and Tom Whalley, the co-founder of Interscope Records who originally signed Tupac in 1991.

"I say it every time, that Tupac left us the blueprints to follow, and without the amazing contributions made by everyone of these artists, producers, musicians, everyone, I do not know how I would get this great task accomplished," Afeni Shakur said. "I believe whole-heartedly that Tupac sends the people he wants to these projects."

Pac's Life hits stores Nov. 21

Yeah, i love 2Pac's music...even the stuff he never intended on releasing. But i'm sick of the doctored stuff. Most of the producers aren't providing beats on a level of quality that 2Pac would have accepted. And lets be real, these new school cats have no business being on the same track with him. If they are going 2 do an album with new school collabos, they should have kept the original beats and previously released album music and gave talented emcees ones verse that could be added on2 the original track.

I just wish she'd release the trax in their original form. And if they aren't totally finished, the only person allowed 2 touch those trax would be the original producer of the song.

Yeah all these doctored albums is ridiculous really, in reality with the way the rap game has been lately 2Pac probably wouldn't even want to rap that much anymore, I don't think any of his original fans really respect the way that these doctored albums are being handled either

There really is no telling what Pac would do or how he would be. We can only really speculate. I've heard enough Pac. I'll just enjoy what I have. The postumous material ended for me at 'Better Dayz'. No Live Pac, no DR Remixes, no Loyal to the Game. The original that was on the Above The Rim soundtrack is perfect. I'll still check some of the songs out via downloads but that's it.

You could say that it's uncertain what he'd want to do now so that's what makes it even more of a reason why there shouldn't be anymore doctored albums, it's time to let him rest in peace

2Pac said in many interviews that he wanted be "like Scarface" and drop an album every 5 years or so. But when he felt disrespected by Biggie and his camp, that feuding fire kept him going...which piggy backed the fact that he waz recording non-stop 2 fulfull his Deathrow contract and get off the label. He also said many times how he wanted people 2 say "u remeber when 2Pac waz real bad?"

I think that 2Pac would be doing just that. I could see him dropping albums like Me Against the World that were loaded with intellegent and deep lyrics. I could see him switching labels and living a safer life away from negative people and staying outta trouble. In between albums, i would see him collabing with the most talented artists and West Coast artists. In between those albums, i could see him building a very impressive acting career. I could see him ending all the beefs he had lounging with the legends of 80's and early 90's Hip-Hop legends.

Most of the producers aren't providing beats on a level of quality that 2Pac would have accepted.

This is a lil harsh.. Tupac didnt actualy stood for great Beats to me, dont you think?

we've already had this discussion, you dont like 90's west coast beats, but a lot of us do.

anyways i was kinda hyped about it when i heard Afeni was gonna supervise this one, but we dont need G-Unit producing tracks and Ashanti, TI, etc putting their vocals on the album IMO. i probably wont buy this unless i peep it and its good.

Most of the producers aren't providing beats on a level of quality that 2Pac would have accepted.

This is a lil harsh.. Tupac didnt actualy stood for great Beats to me, dont you think?

we've already had this discussion, you dont like 90's west coast beats, but a lot of us do.

anyways i was kinda hyped about it when i heard Afeni was gonna supervise this one, but we dont need G-Unit producing tracks and Ashanti, TI, etc putting their vocals on the album IMO. i probably wont buy this unless i peep it and its good.

Well Turntable's a big Biggie/Puffy fan so he ain't really into 2Pac and now what AJ said basically backs up my point, from what Pac said in many of interviews would make sense that he wouldn't want to be rapping that much anymore at this point, he'd probably be like Will, make albums every few years and be a respected actor, he was talking about the fake images that a lot of artists was taking in the rap industry and he wasn't with that,and btw there was a rumor that 50 Cent was gonna executive produce it but with Afeni executive producing it, it seems like the same result that it'd would be with 50 executive producing it, a lot of fake rappers that Pac wouldn't put up with,

but at least Pac's mother will profit off of it not 50, maybe she figures that it'll sell more putting popular rappers on it to make more for the foundation

Edited by bigted

If 2Pac were still alive, and kept up with feuding...he would have destoryed most of the rappers having commercial success in the last 10 years. I agree that he wouldn't stand for the many wack cats getting airplay and success. He would have called them out and gotten rid of them. He wazn't scared 2 do that kinda thing.