JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CBGB is now closed

sonic1988

for those who don't know CBGB&OMFUG...... :paperbag: .......just playing, it was a club in manhattan (CBGB&OMFUG = Country Bluegrass Blues and Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers) it was mainly a punk rock club and has been a fixture in the scene for a long time. Now the jackass who own CBGB (Hilly Kristal) is planning on moving CBGB to vegas. How stupid is that? How can you move CBGB from New York City, to Las Vegas. Vegas is a freaking Disney Land, Punk rock can't be put there. The club closed today (October 15) which is also 15 days early, which makes me mad because I wanted to go there before they closed. Alot of great bands have played there, AC/DC, Beastie Boys, Green Day, KORN, and a bunch of others. Its truly a shame when a great place like that is closed, and moved to, of all the dumbest places, Vegas. I mean, Vegas never had a punk scene, they don't deserve CBGB. Its a freakin' shame that people don't care about music landmarks like that anymore. sorry, I had to rant a little.

Edited by sonic1988