JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ideas About Will's Next Album?

Turntable

I think that when Will does his final album, he'll probably use that as promotion. there will probably be signs that say "Will Smith's final album!"

I don't think he'll do that, he'll probably just release an album then he might say in an interview a couple years later if they ask him about when he's gonna rap again he'll say that he's done, btw he did say in an interview earlier this year that Tim posted how he said he's not working on music lately so who knows if we'll even get another album, I don't even worry about it anymore, it's his life man, if he wants to go on and do other things that's ok at this point

Edited by bigted

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either he does a full JJFP album or I'm not interested..

Bold words. It's a given that a full JJFP album would be more appreciated (by us) than a Will Smith album, but I am still enjoying Lost and Found. Another album of that caliber would be great.

Yeah I'd rather see Will take his time and do an album with Jazzy Jeff but I'd definately not mind another "Lost and Found", "Willenium", or "Big Willie Style" type album with something fresh for these times, I'd still buy the album whether it's Will Smith or Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince album as long as it ain't another "Born To Reign" again that'd tarnish the legacy I could deal with that, Will really don't have to prove anything though, he's just doing it for the love of the game at this point, he made his impact on the rap game already, and there's plenty of great music that he made to hold me over, he don't need to rush out another album to please me, another JJFP album would be nice course but if it don't happen it ain't the end of the world

Edited by bigted

Most of ya'll think Code Red is the best album. It's not like that actualy was a real JJFP Album. Thats how I see it anyway. I'd love to see another JJFP Album, but if it's only Will.. I'm cool with that too.

Yeah Jazzy Jeff actually produced more on "Willenium" than he did on "Code Red" believe it or not, Jazzy produced 3 tracks on "Code Red" while he produced most of "Willenium"

Jeff only really produced a couple of traxs on willennium..

Jazzy was involved in producing "La Fiesta", "So Fresh", "Pump Me Up", "Can You Feel Me?", "Potnas/Interlude", "No More", "Uuhhh", and "The Rain", how's that only 2 tracks?, that's really 8/15 tracks if you do the math for "Willenium",while he produced "Twinkle Twinkle", "I Wanna Rock", and "Boom! Shake The Room street remix", 3/12 for "Code Red" The album that Jazzy produced a couple tracks was "Big Willie Style" in "Don't Say Nothin'" and "It's All Good" which is actually 2/12 tracks if you don't count the interludes

Game, set, match :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

I'm thinkin' the new album will continue the lyrical focus of Lost + Found. The dope thing about L+F is that every single lyric has a purpose. Most commerical rap albums have 1 or 2 good bars here and there (if that). But L+FP is rare becuz every lyric is dope...whether it's deep, funny, or whatever. I bet his next album is gonna have that strong lyrical focus. Unlike L+F, i think the production will be stronger and have more of a range. L+F has some different flavas and all the production is good...but not all of it is great. I think that there might be some more mainstream sounding stuff..and i'm really hoping for 1 or 2 R-N-B flava'd songs. I'm sure Jazzy will be somewhere in the mix...tho' i hope he'll be all over it.

I hope that the JJ+FP album would fall in2 place b4 FP's next solo record.

I'm thinkin' the new album will continue the lyrical focus of Lost + Found. The dope thing about L+F is that every single lyric has a purpose. Most commerical rap albums have 1 or 2 good bars here and there (if that). But L+FP is rare becuz every lyric is dope...whether it's deep, funny, or whatever. I bet his next album is gonna have that strong lyrical focus. Unlike L+F, i think the production will be stronger and have more of a range. L+F has some different flavas and all the production is good...but not all of it is great. I think that there might be some more mainstream sounding stuff..and i'm really hoping for 1 or 2 R-N-B flava'd songs. I'm sure Jazzy will be somewhere in the mix...tho' i hope he'll be all over it.

The JJFP album could be released independently for the hip-hop heads with Jazzy producing about 80% of the album(Pete Rock, DJ Premiere, and Teddy Riley could get one track each) and the FP solo album could be released on Interscope for the commercial fans(the popular names like Timbo, Swizz Beats, Will.I.Am, and Neptunes doing all the production), that'd be the best way to do it, the way things are looking right now though FP being involved in an album in the near future looks uncertain but in the meantime we know one thing for certain, at least we got Jazzy's "Hip-Hop Forever 3" coming out tomorrow and "Return Of The Magnificent" to look forward to in the near future

Edited by bigted

The JJFP album could be released independently for the hip-hop heads with Jazzy producing about 80% of the album(Pete Rock, DJ Premiere, and Teddy Riley could get one track each) and the FP solo album could be released on Interscope for the commercial fans(the popular names like Timbo, Swizz Beats, Will.I.Am, and Neptunes doing all the production), that'd be the best way to do it, the way things are looking right now though FP being involved in an album in the near future looks uncertain but in the meantime we know one thing for certain, at least we got Jazzy's "Hip-Hop Forever 3" coming out tomorrow and "Return Of The Magnificent" to look forward to in the near future

:yeahthat: :iagree:

That are some really good ideas :thumbsup:

• Admin

Jeff only really produced a couple of traxs on willennium..

Jazzy was involved in producing "La Fiesta", "So Fresh", "Pump Me Up", "Can You Feel Me?", "Potnas/Interlude", "No More", "Uuhhh", and "The Rain", how's that only 2 tracks?, that's really 8/15 tracks if you do the math for "Willenium",while he produced "Twinkle Twinkle", "I Wanna Rock", and "Boom! Shake The Room street remix", 3/12 for "Code Red" The album that Jazzy produced a couple tracks was "Big Willie Style" in "Don't Say Nothin'" and "It's All Good" which is actually 2/12 tracks if you don't count the interludes

Game, set, match :stickpoke:

Although Jeff's name is listed as a producer in many of the traxs he only produced potnas and pump me up..he helped out with no more a bit and uuhhh.. but the other ATOJazz guys did the beats to all the other tracks..

On Code Red, he only produced twinkle/i wanna rock and boom remix but he did vocals on somethin like dis/scream etc and he did scratches on every track..abd he oversaw all the music.. Obviously I can accept Will doin Code Red because the other producers were teddy riley/pete rock/dallas austin/hula & k.fingers.. the very best! if Will is gonna work with the freshmen or other no name producers again instead of Jeff i'd be disappointed..