JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ideas About Will's Next Album?

Turntable

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the feeling of the JJFP days will be back, but it's 200?. The cd might be almost like a concert, where there's so many songs, then a DJ Jazzy Jeff breakdown segment (either interludes or tracks themselves). I think it would be a good relation to get new young fans by rappin' the way Will did on his early albums a few times. Maybe Will would do a new song called "Kids Ain't Nuthin But Trouble". I definitely think it will be bigger than L&F. But everybody has gotta know the album is out.

Well it depends if Will's still gonna be on a major label, if Will's still signed to Interscope I think there's a slim chance that we'll see them promote a JJFP album if they didn't even promote L&F that well, there ain't really any label that'd release/promote a JJFP album, most labels want the rappers to work with all the big name producers/artists and if that happens we won't see another JJFP album, we'll be lucky if we get one JJFP song let alone a whole album, if it's another album on Interscope maybe we'll get Jazzy on the intro and that's it again, I think Will should release the album himself like Ice Cube did this year that way he could do all the things the way he wants it to and promote it the way he wants it too, I wouldn't mind if there was a bonus DVD either with some performances and videos

Edited by bigted

Well, I have a big feeling that the next album will allso be his last. And I think and hope that Jeff will be on a big part of the album. Like a "Pump Me Up -Style"Album. But right now i don't even want to think about a new album cause I'm gonna be so sad if it doesn't happen'.

Edited by viber_91

i dont think the next album will be a full JJFP album, i dont think that will ever happen, but i think jeff will be on at least one song. They cant avoid it bcoz us fans are putting so much pressure on them to do it lol.

I think the next one will be similar to Lost and Found, Will had more freedom on that album and it paid off, it could be his last, it might not be. He can still sell records and the success of switch shows that.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Rappers have only just got the to the age where tehy feel they should retire from music due to age, and most of them havent yet anyway. They just tend to release stuff more independently. He ain't giving up on the music, he'll always be involved in something.

Maybe the best thing for Will to do is to release an album the same time as one of his movies like Outkast and TI did this year, most likely it'll probably be like "Lost and Found" where it's a blend of his old and new school style songs, and hopefully with a lot of the G-Unit and Shady artists flopping over the last year maybe Interscope might give Will a bigger chance in promotion since they see that the public is starting to grow tired of gangsta rap, Interscope has shownbig support to Black Eyed Peas over the last couple years or so who make positive rap like Will does, I think when the time comes where Will decides not to make albums I don't think he'll announce it, we'll just know after a while, like if we see that in 5-10 years that he hasn't released album yet we should know that he ain't gonna be rapping anymore

Edited by bigted

Yeah what Will did on "Lost and Found" shows that he definately could still go as long as he wants to, it wouldn't make sense for him to stop now, it sure don't seem like he needs to, he shows that he's still in the prime of his career where before it looked like he was losing some his reign on "Born To Reign", there's no doubting his ability, why retire now?

before it looked like he was losing some his reign on "Born To Reign", there's no doubting his ability, why retire now?

You know, I still can't get over my disappointment in "Born to Reign." The title track had me so hyped, and then... sudden destruction... :shakehead:

Yeah that "Born To Reign" title did seem misleading, there was no reign on that album, he got too much in a confort zone from all of his success and really didn't have much fire to make that album, it really seemed at that point that he could do no wrong, the dissapointment probably actually motivated for him to comeback strong to show that he still got it, now if "Lost and Found" really is his swan song he's going out on top, as long as Will still got the motivation to still make more albums then he should do it but if he doesn't then he shouldn't, he don't need to do an album just to say he's doing an album and have people saying he's hanging on too long

Edited by bigted