JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith working with Kanye West?

Vipa

I don't like Jay-Z much either...u are fooling yourself if u are tyring 2 put him and Fresh Prince in the same category. Jay-Z's subject matter is very limited...FP's isn't. Jay's only been commerically in the game for 10 years...FP is approaching 20. Jay insults his listeners...FP respects nearly everyone. Jay' acts like a Hip-Hop/Rap has no history while FP reminds us that it dose and that he helped pioneer it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 9 2004, 11:30 PM]I don't like Jay-Z much either...u are fooling yourself if u are tyring 2 put him and Fresh Prince in the same category. Jay-Z's subject matter is very limited...FP's isn't. Jay's only been commerically in the game for 10 years...FP is approaching 20. Jay insults his listeners...FP respects nearly everyone. Jay' acts like a Hip-Hop/Rap has no history while FP reminds us that it dose and that he helped pioneer it.[/quote]
haha word AJ!

im not puttin FP n Jay z in the same categoery, im just saying that jay z is not whack, you cant call him whack if you listen 2 a jay z song ya'll would know he hates being commercailised in this song he says:

"Got beef with radio if I don't play they show
they don't play my hits - well I don't give a ****, SO!" - 99 Problems

but i do prefer FP 2 Jay z, i just dont like people disrespecting rappers that should be respected, makin his own label n making in, damn haha...

J-o-e

Guest lambertj3
50 cent is better than jay-z more popular too but u cant front on jigga even though i prefer nas to jigga he sure knows how to get a party started and he has songs that make you think. no disrespect to will who i also enjoy but fp dosen't have the skills to match jigga,jigga along with 50 and nas are the greates rappers alive not to forget eminem.

See, jay Z Is an Ill MC. NOt in the same category as Will, Yea, but He isn't wack. you could say, he disrrespects rap, by calling himself the greatest, But it's all Pride. Name any MC, who goes out, and straight says "I suck", or "He's better", in his songs. even Will Brags.

• Members
jay z isn't as dumb as people think. Will said in a BET interview that he spent time with Jay-z and that Jay is really intelligent. He's one of the few rappers out there that isn't making crap like Chingy or Nelly. Also, 50 isn't one of the greatest rappers alive. Neither is Eminem. I could name some better: Tech9ne, Talib Kweli, Rakim, Black Thought are all better than 50 and Eminem and still alive. Jay-z in my opinion is a better rapper than Will. He's more consistent, where Will can go from good - poor to good again.

Guest lambertj3
I LOVE WILL but lets be honest jigga is more consistent and 50, and eminem are better than Tech9ne, Talib Kweli, Rakim, Black Thought if not check soundscan for proof . p.s can't wait for the kanye -will collabo its gonna be hot.

• Admin
lambert if you are from the ol skool how could you say 50 cent is better than rakim.. rakim basically invented half the rap styles any1 uses these days..if there was no rakim..there would be no 50 cent

Eminem was a decent MC, But he's been slippin'. He does **** for attention now. My band had to be one of the most annoying songs out. People loved it because of Eminem though. How do I know this? the damn song, was about how everyone forgets about d12. Yet, everywhere yuo go, "Fans": we're saying "That new Eminem Joint his hot!", or "Did you hear that new Eminem Song!". very Rarely was d12 even mentioned.

On top of that, it was overplayed to hell.

[quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 9 2004, 03:57 PM]He's been doin his thing long before he picked up a mic. ... There aren't many beats Kanye has made that suck.[/quote]
Funny U mention that. Cuz I have Harlem World. I looked inside, and some of the people that worked on it, R in fact, doing their thing now.

1. Kanye West
2. Loon (was now)
3. The Neptunes

There might be a few more. I'm surprised that album didn't sell better than it did. I liked it.

My opinion (so no one wig out)

Nas - came out very promising. Since then he's learned how 2 survive by making alot of average music and a few good trax. He's new single SUX!!! Why would he turn back on his early fans by making some of the newer stuff he has?!

Jay-Z - smart bizness man when it comes 2 his label and clothing line...awful flow and often boring lyrics

Eminem - use 2 be a lyrical witty genious. His career has been on a downward spiral since 2000. Lyrics that used 2 be funny, complex and creative have turned in 2 annoying, repetative, and immature crap. I know he probably still has it in him but will he use it? Smart enuff 2 have a clothing line, label, and building a producing career...but it's 2 early 2 see if it's adding up 2 anything.

50 Cent - commercial rapper, often very phoney and never creative. G-Unit is the biggest joke since Junior M.A.F.I.A. and Harlem World. Music is garbage and clothing line is actually just regular Wal-Mart cloths with "G-Unit" printed on it.

Nelly, Juvinile, Loon, Ja-Rule, Chingy, Trina, Remy, Lil' Scrappy ...why do these cats even exist?!?

Back in the day, emcees came out making good music, staying true 2 themselves, all their songs sounded different and on top of that...they all had talent. 2 some people, that means nothing...but 4 those of us who were down with Hip-Hop back then, music waz just incredible back then.

THANK GOD 4 JJ+FP, LL COOL J, RAKIM, BLACK EYED PEAS and all of the victems of the rap game who have fallen off thanx 2 the way TV and radio has turned their back on them.

• Members
[quote=lambertj3,Aug 10 2004, 06:20 PM]I LOVE WILL but lets be honest jigga is more consistent and  50, and eminem are better than Tech9ne, Talib Kweli, Rakim, Black Thought  if not check soundscan for proof . p.s can't wait for the kanye -will collabo its gonna be hot.[/quote]
50 and Em are better because of Soundscan? Whch means sales=better rapper? I don't think so. So many rappers out there who sell a lot less or came into the game early are better than 50. No offense or anything. And AJ, LL Cool J has fallen waay off. He's not a good rapper anymore. His latest single Headsprung is junk. Jay-z Is better than LL for sure. Edited by krizia

Wow!! Guys we're never all gonna agree on who is better that who because its all opinions and all subjective! Peeps have different musical styles that they like listening to. If you ask someone who is your fav actor everyone will say something different!! Its just opinion!!

I respect the fact that no one has said "This person is crap" and left it like that. You've all backed it up with you thoughts and reasons!!

i agree with AJ, except from the jay z flow, but as much evedience as any of you lot would like to give i would never accept jigga has a bad flow, he has the best flows in the buissness, the "Dirt Of Your Shoulder" was one of the best flows ive ever heard, and "The Takeover" Dissing Nas was brilliant, but AJ u are right about eminem n 50 cent, i enjoy some of thier early songs, like 50 cents album "Power Of The Doller" or Eminem's "The Slim Shady LP"

we have so many views abouit different artists, some people in my opinoin can be dumb and just plainly say that nelly is the greatest rapper, but we cant change the way they feel about that particular rapper, my favoirte 5 rappers must be

1. Will Smith
2. 2pac
3. Jay z
4. Eminem
5. Kanye West