JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Jay Z

Vipa

I actually heard it on the radio just now as I came into this post, it's gonna be his 1st single, "Show Me What You Got", it's a hot track, I like the Public Enemy sample

I actually heard it on the radio just now as I came into this post, it's gonna be his 1st single, "Show Me What You Got", it's a hot track, I like the Public Enemy sample

Yeah that Sample is dope. I also loved The Public Enemy Sample on Fat Joe's "Safe 2 Say (The Incredible)". I think that also was a Just Blaze Beat. He got it going on. One of the best Producers out right now I think. These days I enjoy just Blaze, DJ Envy, Cool & Dre, Chink Santana and some more

Edited by Turntable

The sample is "Show 'Em Whatcha Got" from PE's "Nation Of A Millions" album in 1988, Teddy Riley used that sample on "Rump Shaker" too, they showed the video for this Jay-Z song on Monday Night Football last night, very dope video, alotta energy

Well that's the difference between when Teddy Riley sampled it, he didn't use Flava's voice, but he did do the saxaphone loop sample just like Jay-Z' song like I said earlier:

"Show Me," which samples a saxophone loop originally used on Public Enemy's "Show Em Whatcha Got" from the group's 1988 Def Jam album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"

Hey now the Jay-Z' song's cool but I find it a lil' weak that I see him using that song in a beer commercial when probably most of his fans are too young to be drinkin', that's not a good look

Well, Mos Def or Q-Tip (can't remember which) has done the same thing. I'm sure there was mixed reactions. Everybody knows Jay-Z for partying, even in his videos. How about Tupac & Snoop in a alcohol commercial back in like '95-96? I know it's not necessarily right to excuse Jay-Z, but come on.