JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R. KELLY IN TROUBLE

R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating

AP

CHICAGO (Oct. 5) - A man describing himself as a "mentor and guide" to R. Kelly since he was a teenager is suing the singer, alleging that he attacked him and reneged on an agreement to pay him for a song idea.

In a suit filed Wednesday, Henry "Love" Vaughn says he's worked for Kelly off and on for years.

The suit says that in February he went to Kelly's suburban Olympia Fields home to watch a basketball game and that one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." It goes on to allege that Kelly, 39, and others dragged him to the basement, attacked him and held him against his will.

Olympia Fields police investigated the alleged attack but decided not to file charges, said Cmdr. James Keith.

The suit also alleges that the song "Step in the Name of Love" was Vaughn's brainchild and that Kelly reneged on a promise to give him half the proceeds from the song.

In a statement Wednesday, a representative of Kelly's characterizes Vaughn as a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer.

"In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the statement says.

Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.

Yeah a lot of 14/15 year olds look like 19/20 year olds, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes, btw it's sad to see all these great artists like R.Kelly, DMX, and Bobby Brown get into so much trouble

He needs to be in jail. This dude is a child molestor and needs to be put under the jail. I can't seem to understand why people were(and still are) ready to bury Michael Jackson for sleeping with 15 year old boys but turn the other way with R. Kelly? Where is the moral outrage and why don't we value our young women?

• Admin

He needs to be in jail. This dude is a child molestor and needs to be put under the jail. I can't seem to understand why people were(and still are) ready to bury Michael Jackson for sleeping with 15 year old boys but turn the other way with R. Kelly? Where is the moral outrage and why don't we value our young women?

:iagree:

R.Kelly has done it for years..and got away with it :damnlorettas:

i am def not defending R. Kelly or something but i dont think he get her from the playground so ..

And the fact that there is video evidence as well. Its crazy.

Well Michael's and Kelly's cases are diffrent. Michael, at least if he'd have done it, forced very young kid to do sexual things with him. But Kelly's case ain nothing like that.. That girl was a groupie. With 15's she's absolutly old enough to know what she's doing (And dont say no to that, caus I know alllooota 15 year old's. Some of them are so grown and suff that they look much older, and they act much older too. Stop thinking all hoyl abpout this stuff. Sleeping with R. Kelly is prolly just what she was aiming for)), and I dont believe he forced her to anything. She practicly jumped on him if you ask me. I cant blme the guy for that. Over here that would be enough for R.Kelly to get away with it, but I dont know about you'r laws.

Edited by Turntable

Everything you said is just wrong. First off I'm sure the girl was 14 and not 15. Secondly, there are rules and ages for engaging in sex for a reason. To protect children! She was a child and a grown ass man had sex with her. And thats wrong. He could of had his ick of women but he chose a 14 year old girl?? And you think thats no big deal? Think if it was a family member of yours. Would your thinking be different?

Yes, I would think diffrent. But I also wouldnt agree with for example my sis having groupie sex with R.Kelly, even tho she's 30. I know it's wrong what he did, but it's not that big a deal.. He didnt rape the girl. And she prolly looked older, she damn shure acted older.. And she damn shure jumped on him too. What he gonna do? They should also balme his people then for letting a minor go through the security lines. I know it's ilegal, wrong and all, but as long she coorporated and he didnt rape her I dont think its that terrible. The Michael Jackson case would have been much worse.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah, I know. I know it's wrong. But why ya'll call it rape? I dont think he forced her. The fact that he slept with a 14 year old girl is wrong, and I know that. But it would have been much, much worse if he would have forced her. Thats basicly what I'm saying. Maybe it's just the fac that I am a minor mysef tho, I dont know.

Edited by Turntable