JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cassidy Critically Injured in Car Accident

MaxFly

well in england a guy who presents a programme on cars called top gear crashed a car at about 300mph i think it was, and he left hospital about a week later. So hopefully cassidy will be fine.

yeah i've heard about that... pretty bad crash, glad he's better and hope cassidy gets better too

http://www.bet.com

Cassidy regains consciousness, driver ticketed in accident

By Kim Osorio, BET.com Staff

Updated Oct. 12, 2006 -- A summons has been issued for the driver of the vehicle that collided with Cassidy's vehicle in the accident that left the rapper in critical condition on Oct. 5. Javier Trujillo Gonzalez of Carson City, Mich. was ticketed by the Jersey City police for making an improper turn, which resulted in him colliding with the SUV carrying the 24-year-old Philadelphia rapper, whose real name is Barry Reese.

Though Cassidy recently regained consciousness, he remains in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, N.J. with multiple fractures of his face. "He has a nasty scar from his ear to the corner of his mouth. He's on sedation to keep him from moving, and to keep him out of pain," Cassidy's lawyer, Simon Rosen, detailed of his client's injuries.

BET.com spoke to Cassidy's driver shortly after the accident who revealed to us that the rapper's fate was uncertain immediately after the car accident

In an exclusive interview with BET.com on Oct. 6, Panther Gambino, the driver of the vehicle, says he was doing about 30-35 mph on the 1-9 South when the U-Haul truck crossed over into their lane. To avoid a head-on collision, Gambino sped up and then swerved. As a result, the back of the car where Cassidy was seated took most of the force of the hit.

"When I looked over, I asked Grady, 'Are you okay?' He said, 'Yes.' Then, I said, 'Cassidy, are you okay?' I didn't hear anything and when I looked he was just laying in the back with blood all over him. We thought we lost him."

According to his J Records publicist, Cassidy was on his way to a recording studio session in Yonkers, N.Y. "He suffered a fractured skull and broken bones to the left side of his face," she told BET.com.

Five passengers were injured in the car collision; Cassidy is the only one who suffered critical injuries.

Cassidy was released from jail back in March, after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of his friend, 22 year-old Desmond Hawkins.

Stay with BET.com as we continue to report updates on Cassidy's condition. Want to wish Cassidy well? Hit "Discuss Now" and send your prayers to Cassidy.

Thank God he regained consciousness