JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

iPod Users?

Da Brakes

I'm thinking of getting a 30GB iPod but just wondering what the userability is like? More so in using iTunes to put music onto it. At the moment I have a Sony Walkman and the software for it is absolutely terrible! I've used the iPod and it seems pretty easy to navigate but was just wondering how easy it is to use iTunes with it?

The reason I'm asking is that one of my friends said it was absolutely terrible, but I'm not too sure if I trust her!

I knew she didn't know what she was talking about! She told me that in order to put new songs on you had to take all your songs off your ipod and then put them back on including the new ones!!

Yeah, Tim's absolutely right... You can sync your iPod to iTunes and your iPod will be updated automatically or you can manually add songs and playlists, movies, music videos, etc...

I knew she didn't know what she was talking about! She told me that in order to put new songs on you had to take all your songs off your ipod and then put them back on including the new ones!!

hahahaha..of course you can do that (if you wanna lose the time) but that aint exactly necesarly :lol:

i got the iPod shuffle and usin it wit iTunes is very cool, easy, etc, etc...

Edited by Luigie

I got the 60GB video one and i love it. Its basically replaced my radio in my truck. I use Itunes and find it really easy to use, though i believe you can use windows media or realplayer to do it too. It all depends on how you set it up, you can either have it so you can update it manually and put the songs on your self or you can update it automatically. I prefer to do it manually so i can have full control over though.

yeah, the i-pod is cool. My only complaint is that you have to ahve it plugged into the comp to recharge it, and the wall connector is about 35 bucks.

yeah my only problem with the I-Pod is that is designed to take your money with the accessories. if you really wanted to, you could find a 5 volt adapter (a lot of discman wall adapters are around 5 volts) and then connect the the I-Pod plug to the adapter wire and make one for cheaper. of course you'd need to find the plug that goes into the I-Pod, but it would probably be less than 30 bucks.

Just to clarify though, if you have songs on your Itunes and you're connecting it to a computer that you did not put the music onto with, and you sync it up with THAT Itunes, it'll erase everything on your Ipod and replace it with whatever is in the Itunes on THAT computer.

You can't have more than one Itunes synced with your Ipod.

At least I don't THINK you can.

Rather you can't have Itunes on two separate computers synced with the same Ipod.

This reminds me of a discussion we had late last year in which people said that portable video player technology and players in general are gratuitous, expensive and unreasonable... Seems like the people at Apple, Creative, Archos, and RCA knew better. Just look at all the hype the iPod by itself has created concerning portable music and video... And in just one year. I think I called this one... It's funny reading some of the arguments from back then.

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...%20Player&st=20

yeah, the i-pod is cool. My only complaint is that you have to ahve it plugged into the comp to recharge it, and the wall connector is about 35 bucks.

yeah my only problem with the I-Pod is that is designed to take your money with the accessories. if you really wanted to, you could find a 5 volt adapter (a lot of discman wall adapters are around 5 volts) and then connect the the I-Pod plug to the adapter wire and make one for cheaper. of course you'd need to find the plug that goes into the I-Pod, but it would probably be less than 30 bucks.

Actually, I think it's the other way around; companies want to capitalize on the success of the iPod, and that's where a lot of these accessories come from. If the iPod weren't as successful as it is now, the iPod would still be around as is, but the accessories wouldn't exist.

This reminds me of a discussion we had late last year in which people said that portable video player technology and players in general are gratuitous, expensive and unreasonable... Seems like the people at Apple, Creative, Archos, and RCA knew better. Just look at all the hype the iPod by itself has created concerning portable music and video... And in just one year. I think I called this one... It's funny reading some of the arguments from back then.

lol, this thread wasnt even about portable video players. i could've told you a year ago that everyone would buy it simply because its new and some people have to have new technology. its also a fun idea, just not worth the money if you dont need it. i still feel the same way about it as last year in regards to me, cuz it would be a waste of my money.

Edited by MaxFly