JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jam Master Jay's Mother Slams DMC...

Vipa

http://www.thephoenix.com/article_ektid23419.aspx

Mizell then turned her comments to DMC, and jaws fell all over the auditorium. "I haven't seen D at my house" since Jay's death, she said. "I thought he would have thought enough of me to say hi." She then ridiculed DMC, saying that if McDaniels had died, Jay would have taken care of his family financially. She inferred that DMC had not done so, and was critical of DMC’s T-shirt with Jay on it. "[Jay]was saved," she said in closing, after her stinging remarks to DMC. "He knew who Christ was."

Fab 5 Freddy was speechless as Mizell was slowly helped from the stage. He mumbled that hadn’t been told beforehand that Mizell was in attendance.

The crowd appeared stunned; hardly anyone seemed to pay any attention to the next act on the bill, a showcase for the amazing DJ skills of Roc Raida and Grandmixer DXT.

DMC and his two-person entourage were seen after the show coming out of McDonalds and making a quick and quiet exit. Mizell was praised by audience members for “keeping it real.”

http://www.thephoenix.com/article_ektid23419.aspx

Mizell then turned her comments to DMC, and jaws fell all over the auditorium. "I haven't seen D at my house" since Jay's death, she said. "I thought he would have thought enough of me to say hi." She then ridiculed DMC, saying that if McDaniels had died, Jay would have taken care of his family financially. She inferred that DMC had not done so, and was critical of DMC’s T-shirt with Jay on it. "[Jay] was saved," she said in closing, after her stinging remarks to DMC. "He knew who Christ was."

Fab 5 Freddy was speechless as Mizell was slowly helped from the stage. He mumbled that hadn’t been told beforehand that Mizell was in attendance.

The crowd appeared stunned; hardly anyone seemed to pay any attention to the next act on the bill, a showcase for the amazing DJ skills of Roc Raida and Grandmixer DXT.

DMC and his two-person entourage were seen after the show coming out of McDonalds and making a quick and quiet exit. Mizell was praised by audience members for “keeping it real.”

Wow, Jam Master Jay didn't leave his family any money? He didn't have life insurance? That's horrible...

I really didn't like reading that. I like the idea of the Run-DMC camp being closer 2 each others families...but that speech was very unecessary. I read years ago how Run-DMC split their money 3 equal ways, so i find it hard 2 believe that Jam Master Jay's family was struggling. I think his wife and kids would have mentioned it back in 2002 if that were the case...maybe. In a perfect world, Run-DMC would be taking care of Jay's family, but the family should be well off. I don't think they are really obligated 2 do that unless Jay's family really is in money trouble.

No matter the situation, i think that speech waz just wrong. She shouldn't have tarnished the Run-DMC legacy by putting that out there like that. If they wanted help from DMC, they should have contacted him. Who says he had any idea they wanted support. After all, Jay waz his boy...not Jay's family.

This is an unfortunate situation, Run-Dmc were tight on and off the mic, I find that hard to believe there that Dmc would snub them if they asked for help, I think Big Pun's family came out and tried to say something against Fat Joe not supporting them last year, I don't think that's right, the families should be able to support themselves like anyone else in society at this point, if Fat Joe wants to help Big Pun's family out of the kindness of his heart he could and if DMC wants to help JMJ's family out of the kindness of his heart he could but they're not necessarily obligated legally either, I don't think when JMJ was alive that he was the only one in the family with a job...

Edited by bigted

I really didn't like reading that. I like the idea of the Run-DMC camp being closer 2 each others families...but that speech was very unecessary. I read years ago how Run-DMC split their money 3 equal ways, so i find it hard 2 believe that Jam Master Jay's family was struggling. I think his wife and kids would have mentioned it back in 2002 if that were the case...maybe. In a perfect world, Run-DMC would be taking care of Jay's family, but the family should be well off. I don't think they are really obligated 2 do that unless Jay's family really is in money trouble.

No matter the situation, i think that speech waz just wrong. She shouldn't have tarnished the Run-DMC legacy by putting that out there like that. If they wanted help from DMC, they should have contacted him. Who says he had any idea they wanted support. After all, Jay waz his boy...not Jay's family.

I agree AJ.

Pain Is Love...But she was right!