JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pop Star Beyonce Sparks Controversy

bigted

Well, "if you put some more weight behind that", tell me examples, what do you find annoying? Perhaps I could improve myself if you tell me what you dont like specifically.

A. I know. So? Just because there arent any lobster you dont have to do 200 hot dogs.

B. No but in my opinion I havent been one of those who has brought the quality down. I dont know if its possible for me to improve the quality (because of the fact that my opinions are likely to create some heavy debate, which could result in bad manner, which results in an even worse forum), and if its not possible well then its not possible.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with max when he said about it getting twisted, when i read the article title i was shocked but when i read what she actually said it wasnt that bad. But if she does only want black people buying her record, she can give me my £30-£40 back i spent on buying them.

i also agree with AJ about her records not being that "black" anyway. When DC did that soldier song and tried to come across all hip hop i felt it was thier worst song, i prefer the RnB records, she should stick to that.

Well, "if you put some more weight behind that", tell me examples, what do you find annoying? Perhaps I could improve myself if you tell me what you dont like specifically.

Why don't we start with your two comments in this thread. You insulted Beyonce twice, needlessly, and offered no back or reasoning for your comments, all while others were trying to have a reasonable discussion concerning the merits of the article in question. That's annoying.

A. I know. So? Just because there arent any lobster you dont have to do 200 hot dogs.
This is the caught in the middle forum... It's been a place for news and banter for quite some time. You can go back to the very last thread available for this forum and comb up to the present... nothing is different, and nothing had changed in terms of the sort of threads that have been and are being created. The fact that something doesn't interest you doesn't mean that it isn't valuable information or conversation for someone else.

B. No but in my opinion I havent been one of those who has brought the quality down. I dont know if its possible for me to improve the quality (because of the fact that my opinions are likely to create some heavy debate, which could result in bad manner, which results in an even worse forum), and if its not possible well then its not possible.

It's one thing to complain about something for which you are working to improve, but you're complaining about something that you haven't done anything to improve and aren't contributing positively to. If you're concerned about the types of threads that are being created, start creating more interesting threads. The problem may not be everyone else...

Also, even though you are aware that some of your opinions and comments may be controversial, they still manage to find a way to be typed out and posted. Surely, you must have realized that the two comments you posted in this thread didn't add to the discourse and could be somewhat controversial.

i also agree with AJ about her records not being that "black" anyway. When DC did that soldier song and tried to come across all hip hop i felt it was thier worst song, i prefer the RnB records, she should stick to that.

Yeah, I remember watching a special about soldiers in Iraq, and during one of the transitions, maybe from commercial to the special, they played "Soldier" and I couldn't help but think... "I wonder whether they've heard the whole song..."

Well this is the off topic forum where we talk about current events in entertainment, sports, and society in general if you didn't know, and if you don't like the topics don't post in them, btw I'd really like to read the whole interview from Blender and see all that she says, they just throw that one comment in there, I'd like to read the whole thing before I jump to conclusions, Beyonce should just do her thing though and not have to change her style so certain people could feel her, she should just do what comes natural to her that many of her fans enjoy already

Edited by bigted

But if she does only want black people buying her record, she can give me my £30-£40 back i spent on buying them.

*High 5* to Julie :woowoo:

Speaking of the whole interview I found it for anyone that's interested in it, it's a long read but I think after reading this I understand why she said what she said, clearly it was taken out of context probably trying to start a negative backlash for her:

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2065

Thanx 4 finding that...i'll try 2 read it 2nite. While the comment didn't bother me, i still had a feeling she shouldn't say something like that in the way the article tried 2 make it sound.

p.s. Max, Lerkot hates God, the US, and all music outside of JJ+FP and OutKast...don't get offended by what he says...cuz he doesn't like much of anything.

I've actually known about that Beyonce quote for almost a week but I didn't think anything of it. First of all it was a silly comment to make and then leave it up to the media to pour gas on a fire that's already burning. Sales went down 70% because of the comment? Please. Sales went down for 2 reasons: the album is getting bad reviews and word of mouth and the album was leaked before its release date.

I never considered the music Beyonce makes "black music". She's at her worst when she steps out of character(i.e. "Soldier" and "Ring The Alarm"). She's a pop artist - plain and simple.

Max, how come the other ones saying that she doesnt do black music - like I said - doesnt get your comments?

I'm not concerned that others don't believe that she makes black music. I don't think she makes real black music either. However, unlike everyone else who made their comments and then backed them up with their reasoning, you first said, "Stupid lady. Bad as well" and then said "Barry White makes black records. That girl is Britney Spears." You were taking pot shots while the rest of us were trying to have a reasonable discussion. That's annoying. The reason I called you out on it is that it didn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Yeah well her comment's understandable but definately there's an impression that she thinks she has to act like a "gangsta girl" 'cause she's rolling with Hova and in doing that she's gonna lose popularity, she ain't gonna sell a lot of records making songs like "Ring The Alarm"

p.s. Max, Lerkot hates God, the US, and all music outside of JJ+FP and OutKast...don't get offended by what he says...cuz he doesn't like much of anything.

:lol: