JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wildwildwest.

• Members
Well, its not even that much about cowboys. If someone on the [i]aftermath[/i] label did it whitout the cowboys in the video you wouldnt find it strange.

And btw here in [i]Holland[/i] it was like a big hit so i dont think it was underestimated. How did it do in the [i]USA[/i] and [i]UK?[/i]

Got to number 2 here in the UK and stuck around for a while during that summer of 99. Maybe Big Will's biggest solo hit over here apart from MIB

I think the lyrics 2 all his soundtrack songs are clever and witty. It's just hard 2 think of them that way since they are heavily tied 2 the movies he's done. I love the soundtrack songs when they are on the radio...but once i see them on his albums, i hate them.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 7 2004, 09:17 AM]I love the soundtrack songs when they are on the radio...but once i see them on his albums, i hate them.[/quote]
:werd: I enjoy it when Will refers 2 his movies in his music, sort of like bragging about it, speaking of his resume. But when u get a song like "Wild Wild West" on an album that has "The Rain", it doesn't seem right.

I realized not long ago that since the new album will be released around Christmas after I,Robot, Shark Tale AND Last First Kiss, he could refer 2 them in his music and use that as added material 4 his rhymes. Just a thought...and he probably will.

"Yo my last check for Wild Wild West came on a flat bed"

Since Will is no longer on Columbia and he seems much more serious about music now, i think it's safe 2 say no soundtrack songs will pop up on the album. Movie references should remain minimal in the music 2 me...i know what he's doing on the big screen and i could care less. When i hear the music, i wanna hear what's on his mind.