JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

G-Unity Foundation Awards $70,000 Grant To Area Youth

bigted

G-Unity Foundation Awards $70,000 Grant to Area Youth

By Chris Richburg

Date: 9/12/2006 10:50 am

The Summer Stars Camp for the Performing Arts will get 50 new attendees, courtesy of rapper wack rapper #1 and his G-Unity Foundation.

The foundation, which provides grants to nonprofit organizations that focus on improving the quality of life for low-income and under served communities, awarded a $70,000 grant to youth from Jamaica, Queens and surrounding areas in order for them to attend the camp.

The Cape Cod, Massachusetts-based camp was specifically chosen by wack rapper #1 because of the opportunity it provides to deserving youth to explore and develop their creative abilities while offering small group programs in improvisational acting, blues performance, dance, musical theater/choral singing, set design, juggling, drumming and music video production.

The rapper recently visited the camp, where he spent time with campers and gave a motivational speech.

"These kids performed a great show for me" 50 said of the experience. "It was exciting and rewarding to interact with them and give them an opportunity to showcase their talent."

Yeah well it's funny I was looking on allhiphop.com's Ill Community today and they have over 1,000 posts about 50 vs. Diddy and only 5 posts about the G-Unity foundation, people rather talk about how negative someone is and they ignore the positive things they do, even though I don't like 50's music on the most part it's good to know that he's giving back, he's not as bad of a person that the media makes him out to be

I'll give them props 4 this...and only this. I think it's so stupid 4 someone 2 preach poison and negativity...then do something positive. If it's really in your heart 2 uplift people, then do it in your music and lyrics.

Yeah and a lot of these rappers that get put down for being negative also make positive songs on their albums but those songs don't get airplay, you shouldn't judge an artist off of just singles, we should know that since we're Will Smith fans