2Pac "Cross The Line: Celebration Or Exploitation?"

bigted

I rub your face off the Earth and curse your family children

like Amityville drill the nerves in your cavity fillin

Insanity's building up pavillion in my civilian

The cannon be the anarchy that humanity's dealing

A villain without remorse, who's willing to out your boss

Forever and take all the cheddar like child support

Damn! Thats some sick lyricism. The track the Ted posted was also good but the two styles shouldn't be compared because Pac's song was meant to display a message...whereas these lyrics are just meant to show lyical skills... so where's it from.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's from Big Pun's "Twinz" Feat. Fat Joe. That's about the usual lyrcism he has. I agree about that the part thats those lyrics are diffrent. But, Pac song didnt allways have a meaning. And Pun's Tracks werent allways only about showing skills. Fact is, thats Tupac is/was probably the most passionated Mc that ever touhed the Mic, but Pun was still a sicker lyricist (No even to mention his flow). Tupac was wonderfull, but he didnt belong to the best.. nether on lyrics nor on flows. I think you could also say Nas is a better Mc than Tupac, Caus he combined amazing skills with messages. Thats just what I think about it. I dont think you can front on that if you realy, objective, look at it.

Edited by Turntable

Really people.. **** this ****.. Who was better? As always nobody cares what you think Turntable. Everybody have their own opinions.. I love Pac, Big Pun and Biggie.. Pac with the lyrics.. Pun with the wordplay. And Biggie with the flow.. Easy. I dont wanna say who i like best.. Because that's my opinion.. You cant change somebody. Stop fu*king around people..

2pac: Me and My girlfriend

"My girlfriend, blacker than the darkest night

When niggaz act bitch-made she got the heart to fight

Nigga my girlfriend, though we seperated at times

I knew deep inside, baby girl would always be mine

Picked you up when you was nine, started out my life of crime

wit you, bought you some shells when you turned twenty-two

It's true, nothin compares to the satisfaction

that I feel when we out mashin, me and my girlfriend"

Big Pun: Twinz

Everybody kiss the ****in floor, Joey Crack, buck em all

If they move, Noodles shoot that ****in whore

Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know

that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

Biggie: Real Niggaz

Sick of momma screamin' that "Get a job, nigga"

Pressed to the limit, gotta rob me a nigga

Simple and plain, my man scooped me in the hoop

Whispered in his ear, this is what we gotta do G

Got to bang a nigga and bang a nigga good

So I could cop a Benz and drive the **** out the hood

Cause baby mama screamin', your daughter twelve months

Can't live life slingin' rocks and smokin' blunts

Peace people..

Yeah well I was just making the point that Pac was a great lyricist too, Big Pun was great with his lyrics too, it's really hard to compare 'cause they got different styles

As fars as I remember a Board is here to discuss, not just to drop your opinion and than leave it alone. Most of ya'll would nevert stop trying to change changing an opinion of somebody who likes wack rapper #1, so why should I stop proving diffrent my points? Its freaking hypokrit. But I'm used to that, I guess.

And talking about diffrent styles is crap, in my opinion. Thats just a way to make your fav. Mc look good, whoever that is. You can be good, you can be decent, you can be bad, you can be amazing.. But talking about diffrent category of lyricims is stupid, I think. You cant say a guy is a great lyrcist just caus of his messages. You can only do that if his skills are allways on point. Thats why I think that Nas is the best lyricist ever. Pac had great messages.. maybe even the best.. he might also had great Beats.. But there aint no way in hell that he had/has the best skills, even tho he was good. I'm not saiying he was wack. He's a better Poet than he's a Mc.

Edited by Turntable

Well I think 2Pac's lyricism is about as strong as any great mc that there is, in those songs where he displayed messages he was quite lyrical, he was a poetic genious bottomline, there are a lot of great mcs in hip-hop and 2Pac is one of them

Yeah.. but he's not the worlds best like many say.. but hes aight.

In short; exactly my point. Dont believe the hype.

Yeah that's what I was saying too, those who understand hip-hop know that there's more than just Pac and Biggie, those who talk like Pac and Biggie were the only great rappers obviously don't know **** about hip-hop