JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Just Cruisin'

KevTastic

Was This track ever released in the U.S? Just been on Wikipedia and for the first time realised on the American release of BWS it isn't on there.

I know it was from the M.I.B soundtrack but just assumed it was on the BWS (allbeit the remix) like it was in the UK, and i'm guessing other places too.

Yeah, the track is only on the MIB soundtrack. FP said b4 BWS came out that "Just Cruisin'" would be on the album and "Men In Black" would not be. But Columbia wouldn't overlook the Hip-Hop song that got the most radio play EVER. FP tried 2 do the same for Willennium and "WWW" but it didn't work. By the time B2R came around, he didn't even care.

lol, makes sense.

I kinda prefer the remix of Just Cruisin' anyway. Wasn't a big hit at all over hear, peaked at 20 something i think. Gettin' Jiggy... saved Will's bacon from being a one hit wonder as a solo artist

Yeah, 2 this day, "Just Cruisin'" is easly one of my favorite trax by FP...and by Trackmasters. Trackmasters catch alot of flack on this board for the mainstream trax they've done for FP's solo stuff. Like any artist or producers...some trax are better than other. But i like alot of stuff that they've done. Big Daddy Kane, Roxanne, LL Cool J, Usher, Total, Jesse Powell, Busta Rhymes, Foxy Brown, BLACKstreet, Mary J. Blige, CRU, Billy Lawrence, Allure, Marc Nelson, Heavy D, Soul IV Real, Black Eyed Peas, Blu Cantrell, R. Kelly, MC Lyte, Jenniefer Lopez, Keith Murray, Rihanna, Nick Cannon, Brian McKnight and more have benifited from their stuff. Don't count them out 4 a few average mainstream trax.

"Just Cruisin'" is just amazing. When i saw the MIB soundtrack had another FP track, i flipped. It waz exactly what i needed...just a dope track and not a soundtrack, movie-related song. 2 me, it waz exactly what FP waz about in the 9-7. He dropped a summer track about something everybody can relate 2...just chillin' and having a day 4 yourself. Like most of his music...it's timeless.

Yeah Trackmasters are definately underrated as producers, they really put in quite a bit of work in the music industry over the last decade, "Just Crusin'" was probably one of FP's strongest singles in the last 12 years, the music video was hot too I must say :kool:

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I only heard the original song from the "Greatest Hits" album. Then I found the remix on LimeWire (sorry, I try to find rare tracks in there). Now, I'm searching the CD. On eBay, I'm trying to find it, sicne I have some several other CD singles too.

Anyway, "Just Cruisin'" didn't mean much to me before. Now, I feel relaxed by the song. I actually love more the remix than the original. Still, very awesome song!