JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

wack rapper #1's Next Target: Puffy?

TopDawg14

Love or hate puffy, the dude has got connections everywhere, whether it's in rap, clothing lines, perfume lines, etc...and 50 is trying to copy him, and Tim please get whack rapper number 1 away, it's just a bit childish dont you think man...come on ya'll grow up, they made it big so they cant be that whack if they making platnuim albums, only because we dont agree with it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no respect for 50, But calling the dude whack is just stupid, Ur stooping down to his level, I like a few songs from 50 and that's where it stops, and did you hear Kanye's new album? and you think he's whack?

Thats wrong with hip hop, nobody respects eachothers views on music, Whats the point in calling them whack because u want them to, Who knows on 50's Forum they could be calling FP whack, All of your artists that u like they could be calling whack

In my eyes whoever makes it into the industry can't be as whack as everybody is making out, I mean come on guys, so what if you don't like them, It's just so childish to carry this on, I'm sorry but that's how I feel about it, Why call them whack when they doing they own thing, It's just stupid.

I think Tim made a great point in saying if you think 50's so wack why talk about him so much? Aren't there enough more worthy rappers worth talking about instead? I agree with Joe that the reason why hip-hop is in the state it's in is 'cause of fans diss other fans for taste of music just as much as artists diss each other, it seems like the fans love controversey, they only talk about artists that diss other artists and that's why beef is so popular and a lot of artists who don't beef don't sell, a lot of this beef stuff is probably fabricated just to boost sales, let's be real both Puffy and 50 got albums coming out at the end of the year? 50 has given props to Puffy in his book and many of his interviews, Puffy has shown love to 50 and put him on Biggie's duets and all of a sudden they hate each other? Bull****! :nhawong: If we buy into this and buy their records then they'll be going to dinner on us... And like Joe said we could hate on these artists as much as we want but they've put in work to get to the level they're at, they didn't just sit there and somebody gave them a record deal

Look I make way more posts about the rappers I like- (KRS, PE, LL, DMX, Nas, 2Pac, Hammer, etc.) than I do about complaining who's wack, I think the point is that there's some here who just say this rapper's wack in all their posts, they know who they are, they gotta check themselves, but this forum doesn't really have it that bad compared to other hip-hop forums, people make a million posts saying 50's wack and only one topic about how they like Ice Cube, I personally wouldn't give a damn to post at all about 50 anymore if one of my favorite rappers like LL didn't want to do an album with him, I hope it don't happen so that way I could forget about 50 completely...

Edited by bigted

I dont realy care more about stuff like this. I looked into myself, and I thought about all this stuff. I dont like 50's records, and I dont like what he is doing. But it's hipocryt for me to judge him, while I idealize LL Cool J and others. The ones of ya'll who have LL's Book know what a punk he was around the time of his firts 3, 4 Albums. He tells all the bullsit he did back then, and its worse than what 50 or Nelly do now. The media attention is just bigger now. Ya'll need to remember that hose guys are young & those guys have a dark past, and now they blow up and got girls and stuff wherever they go. Ofcourse they'll do stupid stuff now and then. They'll grow up. Same for the beefs. Ya'll need to remember that one of the essential parts of Hip Hop is taking your beef from the streets on wax. I also think it's not good that you get attention by dissing other guys, but well.. Thats Hip Hop if you ask me. Big Biz, young guys. I also dont like the fronting about Gangsta Rap. Me, personaly I dont care about what they Rap, as long as they do it good with theyr lirycs and flows.It dont allways have to be about the message, Shure, sometimes I want deep stufff. Bot come on, I cant allways take stuff like that. It's entertaiment, not church. Bseids that most of the Mc's who talk allot of trash also have songs with deep messages on theyr album. Some of them even release them, but they don do that good (Like Nelly's N Dey Say) Not saying all those songs are good or anything, but I'm just trying to make a point.

I'm tired of hating on Mc's just caus I dont feel theyr music, caus I gotta respect the fact that they made it big. Shure, I know allot of them could do better (Caus dont come and front like thy have no talnet. They all have talnent. or they woudnt get signed. I heard allot of underground recors that where dope, by Mc's that are topping the charts now and seem wack).. And guys that do better should sell more. But thats the way it is. "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense/But I did five Mil/I ain't been rhymin like Common Sense/When your sense got that much in common/And you been hustlin since/Your inception,**** perception/Go with what makes sense/Since I know what i'm up against/ We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant/And i can't help the poor if i'm one of them/So i got rich and gave back/To me that's the win, win.". Allot of ya'll think all the Mc's dho dumb down do it just for the money and stuff like that, but ya'll dont know those guys. I bet most of ya'll dont know that Ja Rule has one of the biggest Problem Yout Music, Sports, Art, Poetry etc. Foundations in the U.S., or that Jigga & Puffy allways give huge amountds of money to the charity. That Paul Wall and Mike Jones do allot for the youth, and the muciscians in the South. And I could go on forever. They dont just do it for themself, They get ritch and give back, like those Jay-Z lines say. Next to that, they dumb down but still selling records thing is crazy anyway. Think about this: I know most of ya'll dont like him, but this is a good example for me.. Back when Ja Rule came up with "Venni Venni Vecci", he was all hyped by everyone, but he didnt sell that much. Than he stardet dumbing down and made Pop-Songs.. He lost his respect, but he sold allot of records. Than the hate got him to much, and he released "Blood In My Eye" . He got his respect back from allot of heads, but he didnt sell ish. What would you do? Go figure. There are more examples like that that like Jay-Z, Fat Joe, Cassidy etc. Next to that it's all so relative. Allot of Old School Hip Hop Head say that Ll has umbed down and sold out ever since Phenomenom or 10. Or Will Smith ever since BWS. I also could go on with that.

Me, I dont care anymore. If someone releases I record I like, I'll get the damn record. And I wont let anyone tell me what I have to like and what not, caus I know myself. I wont do anything stupid, just caus some lyrics tell stupid stuff. I know which songs I can take to hart, and which I should just listen to without taking deeper notice of it.

Edited by Turntable

Guest lambertj3

I have no respect for 50, But calling the dude whack is just stupid, Ur stooping down to his level, I like a few songs from 50 and that's where it stops, and did you hear Kanye's new album? and you think he's whack?

Thats wrong with hip hop, nobody respects eachothers views on music, Whats the point in calling them whack because u want them to, Who knows on 50's Forum they could be calling FP whack, All of your artists that u like they could be calling whack

In my eyes whoever makes it into the industry can't be as whack as everybody is making out, I mean come on guys, so what if you don't like them, It's just so childish to carry this on, I'm sorry but that's how I feel about it, Why call them whack when they doing they own thing, It's just stupid.

agreed couldn't have said it better :2thumbs:

I dont realy care more about stuff like this. I looked into myself, and I thought about all this stuff. I dont like 50's records, and I dont like what he is doing. But it's hipocryt for me to judge him, while I idealize LL Cool J and others. The ones of ya'll who have LL's Book know what a punk he was around the time of his firts 3, 4 Albums. He tells all the bullsit he did back then, and its worse than what 50 or Nelly do now. The media attention is just bigger now. Ya'll need to remember that hose guys are young & those guys have a dark past, and now they blow up and got girls and stuff wherever they go. Ofcourse they'll do stupid stuff now and then. They'll grow up. Same for the beefs. Ya'll need to remember that one of the essential parts of Hip Hop is taking your beef from the streets on wax. I also think it's not good that you get attention by dissing other guys, but well.. Thats Hip Hop if you ask me. Big Biz, young guys. I also dont like the fronting about Gangsta Rap. Me, personaly I dont care about what they Rap, as long as they do it good with theyr lirycs and flows.It dont allways have to be about the message, Shure, sometimes I want deep stufff. Bot come on, I cant allways take stuff like that. It's entertaiment, not church. Bseids that most of the Mc's who talk allot of trash also have songs with deep messages on theyr album. Some of them even release them, but they don do that good (Like Nelly's N Dey Say) Not saying all those songs are good or anything, but I'm just trying to make a point.

I'm tired of hating on Mc's just caus I dont feel theyr music, caus I gotta respect the fact that they made it big. Shure, I know allot of them could do better (Caus dont come and front like thy have no talnet. They all have talnent. or they woudnt get signed. I heard allot of underground recors that where dope, by Mc's that are topping the charts now and seem wack).. And guys that do better should sell more. But thats the way it is. "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense/But I did five Mil/I ain't been rhymin like Common Sense/When your sense got that much in common/And you been hustlin since/Your inception,**** perception/Go with what makes sense/Since I know what i'm up against/ We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant/And i can't help the poor if i'm one of them/So i got rich and gave back/To me that's the win, win.". Allot of ya'll think all the Mc's dho dumb down do it just for the money and stuff like that, but ya'll dont know those guys. I bet most of ya'll dont know that Ja Rule has one of the biggest Problem Yout Music, Sports, Art, Poetry etc. Foundations in the U.S., or that Jigga & Puffy allways give huge amountds of money to the charity. That Paul Wall and Mike Jones do allot for the youth, and the muciscians in the South. And I could go on forever. They dont just do it for themself, They get ritch and give back, like those Jay-Z lines say. Next to that, they dumb down but still selling records thing is crazy anyway. Think about this: I know most of ya'll dont like him, but this is a good example for me.. Back when Ja Rule came up with "Venni Venni Vecci", he was all hyped by everyone, but he didnt sell that much. Than he stardet dumbing down and made Pop-Songs.. He lost his respect, but he sold allot of records. Than the hate got him to much, and he released "Blood In My Eye" . He got his respect back from allot of heads, but he didnt sell ish. What would you do? Go figure. There are more examples like that that like Jay-Z, Fat Joe, Cassidy etc. Next to that it's all so relative. Allot of Old School Hip Hop Head say that Ll has umbed down and sold out ever since Phenomenom or 10. Or Will Smith ever since BWS. I also could go on with that.

Me, I dont care anymore. If someone releases I record I like, I'll get the damn record. And I wont let anyone tell me what I have to like and what not, caus I know myself. I wont do anything stupid, just caus some lyrics tell stupid stuff. I know which songs I can take to hart, and which I should just listen to without taking deeper notice of it.

Man that's the realest stuff you ever typed, it's like what LL said in his book about when rappers/entertainers are coming into the game after having nothing for most of their lives that it's a tough adjustment to realise exactly how much impact on the public they have:

"I can't condemn those rappers and entertainers who aren't always positive. You can't expect someone to become a positive role for all of mainstream America overnight. It takes time to realize the power your music has over people. It took me more than 10 years. For a lot of artists, they never get that time. By the time they figure it out, they're finished. Somebody who is on their first of second album-they don't know how powerful they are. They don't know how influential they are when it comes to children, so they say what they feel. But four, five, nine years down the road, after they've had a few albums and can see what statements they've made and how they've affected people-then it's time for them to live up to their responsibility and be a role model to a wider audience. You can't expect a kid who is fresh out of the projects and going triple platinum to understand the complete spectrum of his influence as an artist. When did he get that opportunity to grow and learn about what that means?"

And on the real I think a lot of times fans are fickle, some fans wanna hear this, some fans wanna hear that, it's hard for an artist to exactly tell what the fans wanna hear, it's like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, everybody receives some sort of hate whenever they do something, it's really about the artist being true to themself more than anything 'cause fans come and go no matter what, there's only a few loyal fans that stick by an artist, I really think a lot of the times fans sell out on the artist more than the opposite....