JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL news

MooseKnuckles

"The fact that LL is working with him just seems like a rebellion against the people who feel are jerking his career around and ruining Hip-Hop's commerical side further."

come on you cant really believe that..LL wants fans..he wants money..thats it..same as will did with L and F- however, will did it himself..id put money on the fact that in 6 months or a year LL will NOT say "a-HA- i never liked 50 i was just using him in a pawn for an elaborate scheme to show all you..blahblah"

I don't really see working with 50 as rebelling against the way commercial rap is, 50's the epitome of pop rap sellouts, 50's only in the game to make money and that's it, he don't have much heart to rebel against the industry 'cause he don't wanna risk losing money, he rather kiss up to the record execs and make millions, LL's only gonna look the same way if he rolls with 50, you can't call out Jay-Z for selling out and then big up 50 like he's real, that's hypocritical, that's like when KRS dissed Nelly as pop sellout but gives love to Em the next minute, and when FP says on "Lost and Found" how mcs are slaves to the biz and then says he ain't talking about 50, wtf are you talking about then FP, 50's the biggest slave to the biz that there is now, he'll do anything on record to make another mill but by FP coming out and saying he got love for 50 shows that he ain't trying to rebel against the rap industry either... I'm starting to look at this all as WWE, Jigga and LL might beef to increase their sales this fall when they drop albums the same time and then hang out and be friends on the low while fans diss each other, LL's probably gonna resign to Def Jam when it's all said and done 'cause I just can't take him serious for rebelling against Def Jam by working with 50, Nas did the same thing a couple years ago by dissing Def Jam for promoting watered down rap but then he goes on to sign to Def Jam?! Come on now...

Edited by bigted

Well the problem in Hip Hop is that it is such a big thing right now. A bunch of guys with big ego's who are invovled in the music industry that is the most popular on earth right now. And than you end up with stuff like this. It's like with all the rock gus cursing each other out in the 80's.

Something just came to my mind: LL is known for that he's cool with everybody nowadays. Himself said that he's is down with Fat Joe, The Inc and all them. Himsel also said him and Lil Kim are good friends, and so are him and Diddy. But him and Mobb Deep allways been tight friends of each other. Through them he probably got in the studio with 50. Anyway, this might turn out in a good way insteed of in a bad way, caus maybe LL can bring 50's mind back on the rails, so that he cleares up his beefs. The music..well thats a whole diffrent story. But we can only wait and see how its gonna turn out.

By the way, Bigted. Mobb Deep kinda was a diffrent story, caus they changed theyr sound. Or lets say there album wasnt realy good like people are used to. I dont think people'd call them sellouts if theyr album would have been like theyr usual stuff.

Also.. Allot of old LL's fans have been calling him wack, sell-out ever since Pehnomenom or 10. Basicly the only fan's, that arent bandwagon, he has left are fans like us. And I dont think we'll turn our backs of him just caus he makes and album with 50. At least I wont. I just wont listen to that album allot if it turns out wack.

Edited by Turntable

I ain't gonna turn my back on LL unless he totally changes his image and becomes annoying like 50 and those other wack rappers that're bringing down hip-hop's rep

Yeah, i'm sad that i have a new album from one of my favorite artists on the way and that i don't really expect it 2 be that good. I see this move as just a phase. Even tho' i think it's foolish, i don't think LL will allow the album 2 be that bad.

LL has always stood up 4 what he believes in since he came out with 10, he's been very open about his status as a legit artist compared 2 the watered down, money hungry, commerical phonies out there. He's also been very open his faith and how he doesn't wanna cuss in his music even tho' he knows it'll be held against him when it comes 2 sales. This seems like a safe move against that mindstate. I guess we'll just have 2 find out.

• Members

I know i am in the minority on this but wack rapper #1 is not wack nor has he ruined hip hop people saying that sounds like jealous haters no offense but kids aren't the only one's who buy 50's records and if the streets didn't respect him he wouldn't have sold as much as he has, and you talk about jada,fat joe's street cred lol they dis as many people as 50 look at jada's beef with the roc,benie siegal etc all theses rappers are just like 50 dmx included

I know i am in the minority on this but wack rapper #1 is not wack nor has he ruined hip hop people saying that sounds like jealous haters no offense but kids aren't the only one's who buy 50's records and if the streets didn't respect him he wouldn't have sold as much as he has, and you talk about jada,fat joe's street cred lol they dis as many people as 50 look at jada's beef with the roc,benie siegal etc all theses rappers are just like 50 dmx included

Dude, I dont think anybody here is some jealous haters.. But like i said before nobody here like's 50Cent or G-Unit for some reason.. I dont like wack rapper #1 because of his rapping skills now days.. but I loved Get rich or die tryin... But I dont think 50 sold 5 millions because of his street cred.. He did it because every another teenager girl buys his album.. Why do you think he sold 7-8 millions of GRODT? Because brothers really liked that one.. I have more respect for Jada and Joey Crack tho..

But people, dont you think that maybe LL's album would be a good one? Stop saying you lost respect for LL just because he is working with Curtis.. I'll wait for the album before i judge it.. If you guys really are some fans then wait until the album drops ok?

Peace

• Members

Dude, I dont think anybody here is some jealous haters.. But like i said before nobody here like's 50Cent or G-Unit for some reason.. I dont like wack rapper #1 because of his rapping skills now days.. but I loved Get rich or die tryin... But I dont think 50 sold 5 millions because of his street cred.. He did it because every another teenager girl buys his album.. Why do you think he sold 7-8 millions of GRODT? Because brothers really liked that one.. I have more respect for Jada and Joey Crack tho..

But people, dont you think that maybe LL's album would be a good one? Stop saying you lost respect for LL just because he is working with Curtis.. I'll wait for the album before i judge it.. If you guys really are some fans then wait until the album drops ok?

Peace

i understand you to a point but it is due to 50's street cred is solid because a lot of street soldiers in my hood bump 50 and remeber not all the people who buy his albums aren't teenage girsl and a lot of adult people which i can verify bought the album as well

Peace

i understand you to a point but it is due to 50's street cred is solid because a lot of street soldiers in my hood bump 50 and remeber not all the people who buy his albums aren't teenage girsl and a lot of adult people which i can verify bought the album as well

Street cred? Street cred my ass. Sure, not all people who buy wack rapper #1s stuff are teengage girls... but they sure as hell is stupid people. And most teenage girls are stupid.

• Members

Peace

Street cred? Street cred my ass. Sure, not all people who buy wack rapper #1s stuff are teengage girls... but they sure as hell is stupid people. And most teenage girls are stupid.

lol you have a right to your opinion even he still has street cred and the thugs on my block aren't stupid but neverthe less that was funny

Peace

lol you have a right to your opinion even he still has street cred and the thugs on my block aren't stupid but neverthe less that was funny

No Im sure the thugs on your block are smart, thats probably why they are thugs.

Peace

No Im sure the thugs on your block are smart, thats probably why they are thugs.

lol