JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL's last album on Def Jam

jra

• Members

Hey U guys what's up? I was over at mtv.com and guess what I found out? L.L. Cool J will release

his last album for Def Jam in the fall. And guess who's producing it? None other than wack rapper #1.

If you guys are a little surprised well so am I. LL and 50 seem like an odd couple to me.

I was thinking that since this could be LL's last album (although it doesn't say so, it just says it's

his last album on Def Jam but you never know) it would be great if we as fans somehow let

Will and LL know that we REALLY want them to do a track together. For those of us who would LOVE

to see that happen, this could be our last chance because who knows if LL will do an album on a label

that's not Def Jam and as for Will, who knows if he'll do an album period. So if there is ANYBODY out there

who can get in contact with one of these Hip Hop legends in ANY way, do your thing.

By the way LL's next album is titled TODD SMITH, PART 2: BACK TO COOL

There's a long thread in "Caught In The Middle" about this LL-50 so-called collab album rumor came out a couple months ago: http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...topic=8853&st=0

I recently heard that LL's supposed to hosting an after party with 50 for the MTV Awards this week where 50's trying to keep Lil' Kim and Irv Gotti off the guest list, 50 probably wants LL to help him out in his battles like I said earlier...

Anyway it's amazing that Will and LL never have collabed in their careers even though they've been in the game for 2 decades each and they've showed each other much respect, it'd be a shame if they never do anything together but it seems like both their rap careers are winding down and they're gonna do more films so maybe the only collabs from them we might realistically see is if they do a movie together, really though they're sleeping on a great opportunity 'cause ifthey do an album together it'd probably be one of the highest selling albums of all time since they both combine over 50 million albums sold in their careers and most importantly it'd be a great album since they're the two best rappers ever, that'd make a lot of sense, but nobody really wants to see a G.O.A.T. meets the W.O.A.T. album as AJ put it...

Edited by bigted

This topic has been kinda beaten to death, a lot of us wanna see them work together but they just don't seem to have the time to get together and do that which is a shame, it's the type of collab that could take the rap game to another level, and it's been said a few times before that LL was planning on leaving Def Jam(after 14 Shots..., after G.O.A.T., after 10) and it didn't happen yet so we don't know if it will

Yeah it's probably just a rumor, Snoop was supposed to do an album with 50 a couple years ago and that never happened, LL never released 2 albums in one year either, usually between 2/3 years for each album just like Will, after he's done touring he's probably gonna do some films(Jamie Foxx was saying that he was planning on working on a film with LL soon) before we get another album...

Edited by bigted

Well I found a new article on Billboard.com about the LL album, I guess it's more than a rumor after all:

LL Working With wack rapper #1 On New Album

September 01, 2006, 11:15 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Although his last album came out only five months ago, LL Cool J is already working on another new project that will be produced by wack rapper #1. "We did six records in three or four days," 50 said last night (Aug. 31) during the MTV Video Music Awards preshow. LL then said the as-yet-untitled album would be his last for longtime label home Def Jam.

"For me, I needed to go and work with somebody who really had my best interests at heart," he said. The artist has released 12 albums for Def Jam; the most recent of which, "Todd Smith," debuted at No. 6 on The Billboard 200.

LL previously acknowledged allegiance with wack rapper #1's G-Unit crew by featuring Lloyd Banks on a recent single, "Bump This." The track was reportedly intended for a re-release of "Todd Smith" but failed to appear on any Billboard charts.

During the VMA telecast, LL and 50 appeared onstage together to present the best female video award. Later in the evening, they hosted a VMA after-party at the hotspot Tao, which featured a performance by Gnarls Barkley.

This is the same thing, just a lil later. I'm still not so shure about this. It dont make no sence. Look at LL's things he got planned this year. But if it turns out to be true, I just pray that LL knows what he is doing. After all I have much trust in him. And if it sucks, I`ll just simply ignore the fact that this ever happened. It wont be his last Album anyway.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah with all the things LL's planned to do I guess the only way they're gonna get this album out is if it gets rushed like it says there, recording 6 songs in 4 days, it's just something to get out of his contract at Def Jam the way it looks, I'd be a lil' bit more worried if this was LL's last album 'cause this wouldn't be going out on top by doing this with 50...

Edited by bigted

It will be like the Albums R. Kelly and Jigga made together. Some good tracks, but no intresting albums. At least thats what I guess. Who knows, maybe they surprise us and we are gonna hear a very hungry album. I dont like how 50 hnadles that afer party tho, with leaving out his beefs. I dont want LL to get into stuff like that, caus right now LL is cool with everybody, and everbody respcets him. He can do stuff with 50 if he wants to, but he must be carefull.

By the way, 2 days ago 50 released a new Freestyle thats dissing Diddy. Bad idea 50, very bad idea.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah I heard about 50 dissin' Diddy 'cause he don't want Diddy to work with Mase anymore when Mase gets signed to G-Unit, it's very childish, 50 acts like he could tell people what to do, the fame has gotten to his head, I thought that LL wanted to get away from beefs, working with the one who starts beef all the time is not a smart idea 'cause it could lead to beefs that're unnecessary for him, I seriously hope he knows what he's doing from the standpoint...

Its all kinda crazy, caus I know LL is down with Fat Joe, TS and The Inc and all them. But he also allways was down with Mobb Deep. Maybe he got with 50 caus of them. Ah well, he wont do stupid stuff (at least I hope so).

By the way, its reeal stupid to diss Diddy if you ask me. he aint just another Mc. Shure, he wont fire back with a killing diss track, but Puffy has enough conections to finish a career if he wants to.

Edited by Turntable

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think it`s true. Soon LL starts his Tour, and after that MTv article I didnt hear anything about that Album anymore. It`s not true.

Hate to break it to you, but this one's actually happening. They decided on it after they dropped 'Bump This' with G-Unit.

Edited by KBlakk05

Well it's only a matter of time to see whether this album will happen or not, I have a feeling LL might wait until there's a new president at Def Jam to release another album...

"Bump This" is painful 2 listen 2. That beat is okay but it doesn't seem natural. LL rips his rhyme tho'...his subject matter is a bit less powerful tho.' Lloyd Banks and Hot Rod suck...the ruin the song 4 me.

Guest lambertj3

Yeah I heard about 50 dissin' Diddy 'cause he don't want Diddy to work with Mase anymore when Mase gets signed to G-Unit, it's very childish, 50 acts like he could tell people what to do, the fame has gotten to his head, I thought that LL wanted to get away from beefs, working with the one who starts beef all the time is not a smart idea 'cause it could lead to beefs that're unnecessary for him, I seriously hope he knows what he's doing from the standpoint...

boy have you got your info wrong on this bigted 50 only dissed diddy because he was frustrated with diddy about how long it was taking to transfer mase to g-unit it's been over a year and diddy has been dragging his feet i would be frustrated to its like youreally want a job know yougot it but the job is dragging it's feet in hiring you