JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Aunt Viv Vs. Aunt Viv

Aunt Viv 1( Janet Hubert )Vs. Aunt Viv 2 (Daphne Reid )  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Aunt Viv 1( Janet Hubert )Vs. Aunt Viv 2 (Daphne Reid )

• Viv 1 [img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7097/23pv5.jpg[/img]
    • Viv 2 [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4232/22ea6.jpg[/img]

Viv I

23pv5.jpgVs. 22ea6.jpgViv II

For real why they change her ?!? :shrug:

off screen relations with Will were bad... I don't mind either Vivian, I don't really pay a huge amount of attention to her anyway, the first one may have been slightly funnier tho, but I still liked the 2nd one a lot, don't think they could have found much of a better replacement...

I agree with Viber_91. I never liked Daphne Reid. She is not bad, but she doesn't even look like Janet Whitten. I really hate it, when a character gets played by a new actor, but it was necessary here, because Janet had a bad off screen relation to Will. That's okay, but they could have find one who has the same look and the same size. Viv 1 was large and thin, Viv 2 was small, and a little bit, well, overweighted. Doesn't really match, I think.

I agree with Viber_91. I never liked Daphne Reid. She is not bad, but she doesn't even look like Janet Whitten. I really hate it, when a character gets played by a new actor, but it was necessary here, because Janet had a bad off screen relation to Will. That's okay, but they could have find one who has the same look and the same size. Viv 1 was large and thin, Viv 2 was small, and a little bit, well, overweighted. Doesn't really match, I think.

yeah but how she looks and stuff wan't the big deal here ..Vivian was strong person...and play the role dope .. the other was just trying and ... but doesn't really reach that level :shrug: it was nice playing anyway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I liked both of them.

They did their 'own' thing with the character. The first aunt Viv's (character) was real down to earth, with a strong personality, and abit funnier with delivery of her script ,... whereas the 2nd Aunt Viv's (character) tho good with the delivery of her script, she came across as a more having a more subtle/humble character.

The first Aunt Viv fit in more with Will's onscreen mom, and aunts (personality wise) when they came to visit tho!!! LOL... talkin bout realness! haha

xoxo,

cookie

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I def like Viv1 way more. Though I have to admit that when i firsts saw FPOBA being on holiday abroad, i watched only 3 episodes(had to come back home), so i recorded one of them (with Jazz and Jewel trying to have a baby LOL)on my camera (so there was a TV aand in the TV there was FPOBA lmao and me and my mom talking) and then after 2 months or so I got the DVDs and watched them and watched, and then way later (like 4 months) i watched the camera-footage and figured out there was another Vivian there! LMAO! That was so funny how i didn't notice that earlier. But VIv1 is still better for me. Cause she is funnier and a better actress, at least in comedy. Though I still kinda like Viv2, cause it's really hard to blend in after the "diva!" Viv1. Maybe Viv just got older and changed lol.

Edited by Stacy