JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Papoose Signs $1 Million Dollar Deal With Jive Records

bigted

Papoose Inks Million Dollar Deal With Jive Records

Thursday - August 24, 2006 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas

New York mixtape stand-out Papoose has reportedly signed with Jive Records.

According to his management's official website, violator.com, The Brooklyn, NY-bred MC has signed a $1.5 million deal with the label. However, the site offered no other information.

At press time, representatives for Jive could not be contacted for comment.

Papoose, who has been co-signed by Busta Rhymes, Nas and Kool G Rap, among others, first came to prominence in 2004 via his song "Alphabetical Slaughter" which was featured on Kay Slay's DJ Kay Slay's Streetsweeper, Vol. 2: The Pain From The Game.

In 2005, he won the Justo Award for the 'Best Underground Rapper' and garnered national attention this year, by appearing on the remix of Busta's single "Touch it"

With the signing, The 28-year-old rapper joins roster that includes The Clipse, Outkast, UGK, Too-Short, R. Kelly and Youngbloodz, among others.

Papoose has been working on his debut album, Nacirema Dream, which is slated to be released this winter or early 2007.

I've heard a handful of trax with him...and i like what i hear. I'll definitly be following him. The only thing that occasionally annoys me is his voice. I thought he already had a record deal tho.'

thought he already had a record deal tho.'

I thought so too. His voice kinda reminds of Mobb Deep`s Prodigy.

This is good news tho. I think he has potencial. I like some of those upcoming New Yorkers. Papoose, Maino, Hell Rell, J.R. Writer.

Edited by Turntable