JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

K-FED: THE HIP-HOP GOD

Okay, so the topic title is obviously me being sarcastic...

I waz wondering if anyone caught the Teen Choice Awards. I waz watching something else on TV, but during commercials, i flipped 2 it. At the end, Britney Spears came out 2 introduce 2 greasy white trash husband Kevin Federline who performed his 1st single. Let me just say one thing...back in the day, i hated Vanilla Ice and thought he waz the personification of wackness. These days, he doesn't bug me so much, not that i respect his old music or even listen 2 his new stuff...but he seemed pretty cool on those reality shows he did. But when Kevin Federline hit the stage, he made Vanilla Ice look good during his wackest. It waz honestly the most embarassing thing i've ever seen. He makes Paris Hilton's music career look like a solid attempt. It waz so bad that i couldn't keep it on for more than 20 seconds 2 even make fun of it.

If u can track down the video or audio, peep it just 2 see what i'm talking about. I waz curious if anyone else saw the performance.

I've not seen it on purpose lol. Its funny you made the Vanilla Ice comparison, Marlon Wayans said the same thing. I was flipping channels and saw a clip on ET or something and one of the lyrics was "I'm a superstar" and all I could think was "well you look like a jackass" ......is that mean? Hehe

hey if your white and your doubting your rapping skills. just watch k-fed perform and you will feel better. i bet he helps countless white rappers feel good about themselves, he cant be that bad of a guy

Edited by Concept

K-Fed's the white version of 50 :kekeke:

Found the vid where he preforms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8faHBas0Y&NR

here's another K-Fed song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RvngAZCcQ...related&search=

Edited by Angel Amor

Yeah when I first saw that clips...I thought "This cant be real..Please tell me this a joke" But nah this dude really thinks he is the bomb. I cant help but laugh when he's grooving 2 his own song...:lol:

It's nice to see people come to their senses for once to call a wack rapper wack, it'd be nice to see one wack rapper flop for a change :kekeke:

Hip-Hop Community On K-Fed's Debut: 'He's A Joke'

NEW YORK (August 21, 2006) -- Kevin Federline's TV debut as a rapper is getting derided as a not-ready-for-prime-time disaster by critics in cyberspace and the hip-hop community.

On Sunday, Federline -- also known has K-Fed and Mr. Britney Spears -- performed his new single "Lose Control" to the peppy crowd at the eighth annual Teen Choice Awards, which aired on Fox.

Introduced by his wife, who was dressed in a cleavage-baring mini-dress despite her late pregnancy, Federline stalked about the stage with attitude as he rapped about his bling, popping Cristal (obviously oblivious of the whole hip-hop Cristal boycott) and his amazing rhyming skills.

"Don't hate because I'm a superstar! And I'm married to a superstar! Nothin' come between us no matter who you are!" he declared, as dancers pop-locked as his side.

It was the most anticipated performance of the night -- and the most ridiculed. By morning, videos of it were splashed on Web sites like YouTube.com and various blogs, accompanied by catty comments mocking both Federline and his wife.

If the Web world isn't exactly accepting of Federline's rap-star ambitions, the hip-hop community is even less so.

Elliot Wilson, editor in chief of XXL magazine, hadn't seen Federline's TV debut. Still, he called it a "YouTube disaster" -- something to be laughed off in hip-hop circles.

"I just think we ignore him," Wilson told The Associated Press on Monday. "He's a joke, basically. ... I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't get that he's Britney's man and it's hard to take him seriously."

Jermaine Hall, executive editor of King magazine, echoes that sentiment.

"The thing that really hurts him is the fact that he's perceived as Britney's husband," Hall, who had yet to see the performance, told the AP. "You know, kinda like Britney's second -- I don't even want to say second in command, but -- he's like the Britney Boy. He's like Mrs. Spears, and it's kinda hard to get over that perception."

Federline is expected to release his debut hip-hop album "Playing With Fire" in October. Hall said that despite the barbs K-Fed is getting, he still has a shot at success.

"All you can do, is really just keep on plugging," Hall said. "He's definitely going to have a teenage female fan base"

Edited by bigted