JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So how long till Will's next album?

Hero1

Yeah, i'm really hoping he does some guest spots and gets a myspace page. That would be the perfect set up 2 hold everyone over until the next album...and it would get more people behind him. It would all work nicely with that November 2007 release date...(the same month BWS and Willennium were dropped)...ha ha.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he was more like Common and The Roots and Talib Kweli...they drop albums and make guestspots frequently...and they don't have to be on the charts all the time. They make music for the real hip hop heads and music lovers. I think if Will or JJFP would release an album just for the real hip hop heads and don't focus on the mainstream, it would be a great album. But the way things are now, with all his movies, i geuss it's not going to happen.

I wish he was more like Common and The Roots and Talib Kweli...they drop albums and make guestspots frequently...and they don't have to be on the charts all the time. They make music for the real hip hop heads and music lovers. I think if Will or JJFP would release an album just for the real hip hop heads and don't focus on the mainstream, it would be a great album. But the way things are now, with all his movies, i geuss it's not going to happen.

i hope that everytime i think for Will's new album :) ..anyway maybe 2008 will be the lucky year :wiggle:

Yeah I'd like to see JJFP do another "Code Red"/"Willenium" type album but I'd also like to see it have success on the charts and prove that real hip-hop could sell, I'm tired of seeing wack rappers being #1 on the charts, it's time for the real mcs to shine again, release 3 singles at the same time like most rappers do today but have variety in them, it'd make that album appear unique from the rest of them and a variety of fans would check for it, most rappers only release 3 crunk songs but FP could release one JJFP storytellin' track for the ol' school heads, release one club track for the commercial audience, and a deep track for all the conscious heads out there, if Kanye could win rap album of the year at the Grammy's why can't Will?... I think it's important to show the mainstream audience that his albums have much variety as his movies do, he could use his fame as an actor to his advantage is what I'm saying, but of course there's nothing wrong with doing some mixtapes either to gain some more underground fans and improve his credability in the hip-hop circle, the more he does the better, even these wack pop rappers like 50 do mixtapes, it's embarassing...

Edited by bigted

I hope as soon as possible... But Will is more focused on doin' movies now, so we have to wait! but I'd be very happy to see a jjfp reunion for the next album, to celebrate their 20 years. I think it's possible and I'm pretty sure they worked a lot in the studio together and they have a lot of stuff just ready

Will going underground, or going Roots, Kweli style is crazy talk. Sorry, If you want that I realy dont see why you are a Will Smith fan. We are talking about the Will "Having A Good Time MC, Rappre,Summertime, Getting Jiggy With It, Switch, 30 Mil Records Sold, Sitcom and Blockbusters" Smith. Underground? Consicious? Crazy Talk! He took Hip Hop to the mainstream, and he fo sho wont get back.

I agree, maybe some guestpots or a Mixtape or something. That would be nice.

Will going underground, or going Roots, Kweli style is crazy talk. Sorry, If you want that I realy dont see why you are a Will Smith fan. We are talking about the Will "Having A Good Time MC, Rappre,Summertime, Getting Jiggy With It, Switch, 30 Mil Records Sold, Sitcom and Blockbusters" Smith. Underground? Consicious? Crazy Talk! He took Hip Hop to the mainstream, and he fo sho wont get back.

Who says that I want him to go consicious?? :sick: I was talking about the way these artists work and there love for hip hop and what they do! :smart: I know he's a mainstream mc, i never said that i wanted him to go underground...I just want him to focus more on music...like Talib Kweli and Common do!

yeah not the perfect match with styles with The Roots (like with Biz , Slick and ...) but hey Will made a track with Snoop ,Lil Kim ...

I was talking about the way these artists work and there love for hip hop and what they do!

Well.. I dont think Will doesnt do that. He just happened to be Hollywoods Numbber 1 Guy too. He`s showing enough love for the game simply by still doing music, caus he doesnt need to rap for shure. I think allot of the so called "real artists" wouldnt rap anymore if they could do what Will does.

Edited by Turntable

He's not showing love for hip hop by releasing an album every 4 years or so...face it! Lost & found is a dope album, one of his bests! What did he do to promote it...he released switch and Party Starter! Sure, Interscope had something to do with it, but a man like Will can release any song he likes! (just look at him releasing So Fresh and shooting a video for it) If he loved hip hop like you are saying he would have released "Lost & Found" or "I Wish I Made That" or "Tell Me Why" and a make a video of it out of his own pocket! He said in interviews that "Tell Me Why" was the second best song he ever recorded...Why didn't he release a video for it then if Interscope wouldn't do it! All I"m saying is this: he might love hip hop, but he loves acting even more!

He's not showing love for hip hop by releasing an album every 4 years or so...face it! Lost & found is a dope album, one of his bests! What did he do to promote it...he released switch and Party Starter! Sure, Interscope had something to do with it, but a man like Will can release any song he likes! (just look at him releasing So Fresh and shooting a video for it) If he loved hip hop like you are saying he would have released "Lost & Found" or "I Wish I Made That" or "Tell Me Why" and a make a video of it out of his own pocket! He said in interviews that "Tell Me Why" was the second best song he ever recorded...Why didn't he release a video for it then if Interscope wouldn't do it! All I"m saying is this: he might love hip hop, but he loves acting even more!

That's right on to what I'm thinkin', it's obvious that Will's more focused on Hollywood than he is in being involved with hip hop but I Turntable made a great point too about how a lot of these so called "real artists" had opportunities to get to Will's level in Hollywood they'd do it and put music to the side, for example if Common does well in this "American Gangster" movie with Denzel and gets calls to do more movies he'll take them and put music on the backburner himself, a lot of artists talk about keepin' it real but if they got a check for 20 million they'll do less music too, Game recently said in an interview that he'd quit rapping if he made 5 million a film... We might be expecting too much at this point but if he could just do a lil' bit of music in between I'd be happy, he could even try to help new rappers break into the buisiness...

Thats exactly my point. Will is Hollywoods number 1 guy. He got millions of fans as an actor. And he show plenty enough love for Hip Hop, just by still doing it. Other guys wouldnt do that.. And he`s also showing Hp Hop love with his movies. I mean he produced a movie for T.I. And he tryed to push new talents, remember? Its not Will`s`faulh that Kel doesnt want to go major, and its also not Will`s fault that Tra KNox messed it up. He did enough. And all that bul**** about other Mc`s.. How long has it been for Rakim? How long has it been for Slick Rick? Exactly.They all dont have anything to do, and they take even longer to release. Wil releases enough. Stop bitching and just be happy that he still makes music.

"Broke ass critics always got somethin' to say

'Bout how a nigga should flip his **** a different way

The **** you know "bout hip-hop, I'm LL Cool J (Will Smith For That Mather),"

Edited by Turntable

People need to take into account that Will's not a new artist, he's a proven veteran, most from his era release albums every 5-10 years at this point, so every 3 years is not that bad if you look at it in that perspective, he's doing more music than most of peers even though he's the biggest name in Hollywood at the same time

will's been in the game over 20 years he can release an album whenever he wants to obviously i'd like to here more music, instead of all the movie's he's sign'd up for but i hope we get to here something next year or either early 2008.