JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith - Let Me Find Out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see how many people on this board would turn down a guaranteed $20 million dollars for a gold disc! :hmm:

I know what you mean Da Brakes, but let's face it...Will doesn't have to do those movies anymore for the money...he's rich already!! I see it this way: he's doing movies because he likes it and he wants to show people that he's a serious actor! He wants to win an oscar....and for that he's music get's put on hold!

He's probably solidifying his place in Hollywood, because acting is a much more lenghty career than rapping. He could still be making movies at the age of 80, how many 80 year old rappers do you know? He'll definitley be back to do music, because he loves it so much, he's just doing movies for a while. Which is cool, of course I'd love more music, but its his career and his decisions, getting uptight about a lack of music isnt gonna change anything.

Edited by Big Willie

I'd love to see how many people on this board would turn down a guaranteed $20 million dollars for a gold disc! :hmm:

I wouldn't turn down one or two 20 million dollar movies but I'd also do music more often if I was in Will's position if I really wanted people to respect me as much with music as I am currently with movies but I guess he doesn't want that, I guess he don't care if people consider a great actor who occasionally makes a couple of dance tunes, he shouldn't have complained so much on "lost and found" about people doubting his rap abilities if he's gonna go on to do 5 films afterwards, he's giving them reason to doubt him...

Edited by bigted

I wouldn't turn down one or two 20 million dollar movies but I'd also do music more often if I was in Will's position if I really wanted people to respect me as much with music as I am currently with movies but I guess he doesn't want that, I guess he don't care if people consider a great actor who occasionally makes a couple of dance tunes, he shouldn't have complained so much on "lost and found" about people doubting his rap abilities if he's gonna go on to do 5 films afterwards, he's giving them reason to doubt him...

I think it was more of a case of Will voicing his displeasure with the rap scene and he has a right to voice his opinions. Right now rap is polluted with bad music because everybody's doing an album every 12-15 months and then they do mixtapes. When you do that much music it gets boring and repetitive. I'd rather have a rapper do quality albums every 2+ years as opposed to the nonsense that's going on now.

-"I always envied how y'all run with Dre and The Chronic

And say how Pac, 50, and Jigga got it

Along with LL, Chuck D, Slick, and Dougie

I know y'all love me, but place other rappers above me"

-"When y'all talk about rap you better start saying my name

For real yo, I ain't playin'"

I think that's Will crying out that people need to stop doubting his rap abilities, yeah maybe an album every 2 years would do it but with him signing up to do all these films where would he have time to release and tour for another album?

:rofl: A few mistakes in both of those Ted!!

:rofl: A few mistakes in both of those Ted!!

Well I was in a rush when I typed it, but you get my point right?

:smart:

I think that's Will crying out that people need to stop doubting his rap abilities, yeah maybe an album every 2 years would do it but with him signing up to do all these films where would he have time to release and tour for another album?

Ted,

I feel your frustration but the fact is that Will is one of the top 2 or 3 movie stars in the world and to remain in that rare air he's got to make films. I honestly think that winning an Oscar is more important to Will now than music. And I'm not saying that Will doesn't care about music(he most certainly does) but the music industry is congested with crap and politics. It's all about the money and at least in the movie industry you can make an indie movie and it receive critical and mass acclaim(i.e. Hustle & Flow, Crash, etc.). When was the last indie hip-hop CD to receive both critical and mass acclaim. You'll be lucky if you even get to hear dead prez on "big radio".

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It's not like I don't get or understand where you guys are coming from. But at a certain point you get fed up with the state of the game and you feel there is no hope I can't appeal to people. I mean the man has to make a living. Movies are his life now. He's been acting for 15 years now he's not your prototypical rapper I need more loot so I'll dabble in movies too he's a career actor and has to do his job his life isn't rap anymore it's movies. You can tell he's fed up and doesn't like the game anymore, that's one of the flaws of L&F he comes off bitter at times. As fans you want more music, but you have to accept that his life is movies.

I don't find Will bitter at all on "lost and found", I think it's refreshing for him to give his thoughts on issues going on in society instead of just doing dance songs and have no substance like a lot of rappers do, that's a strength not a weakness, he's expanding as an artist, and yes like AJ said in there Will says that music is his life in his interviews, he says that music is something that he wants to continue to do so he could express his thoughts and feelings, he probably does a lot of things for himself too that none of us hear

Yeah like I said before Will should actually put effort into dropping exclusive for the fans then maybe he'd have much more credability

Yes I think the same! But somehow it comes to me like Will sometimes doesn't wanna do something about all this, about the fame and getting props, u know? I mean it's like he doesn't really wanna give it all he's got so that his tracks or albums get very known and hot and rise in da charts! I guess he just lets it go after he tried a lil' 2 get the track up in da charts and get much hype 4 it but as soon as he sees, that it doesn't work, he gives up! Somethin' like that, dunno...

• 4 months later...