JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Boom! Shake the Room

MaxFly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once it was my favourite Will Smith song (back when i didnt have all the albums), but now i just skip it. boom! shake the room sounds so bad, even more after I'm looking for the one. it just ruins the whole atmosphere while listening. too bad, but actually the most Will Smith album have at least one weak track.

The weak tracks in my opinion:

Rock The House - Guys Aint Nothing But Trouble

Hes The DJ - Lets Get busy baby/human video game (maybe they're classic, but not on the level of the other tracks)

And in This Corner - no weak track

Homebase - A Dog Is a Dog/Dumb Dance

Codered - Boom Shake The Room

Big Willie Style - Big Willie Style

Willenium - La Fiesta/Da Butta

B2R - well, actually almost the whole album is weak

Lost And Found - If you cant dance

btw, the street remix is waaaaaaaaaaay better! :smart:

Edited by DefCEM

i can't agree that Dumb Dancin' is the weakest track on Homebase, i love that tune, the music and rapping are classic,

and the same with Big Willie Style of BWS. Thats a good tune.

Since u've said that, i got 2 thinkin'...and in my opinion, it's the weakest single they released off their 2 albums from the 90's. Summertime, Ring My Bell, The Things U Do, U Saw My Blinker, I'm Looking For The One, and I Wanna Rock are all much better songs.

Yeah the singles before "Boom! Shake The Room" were better but I'd say most singles released from the FP solo albums are worse than that though...

true, JJFP excelled when it came to singles, thats why the Greatest Hits CD is actually a great buy just as a compo or for an entry album for the group

I dont agree with most of the songs on that list...

For one exaple Lets get busy and human video game is like my fav two tracks on He's the DJ. And i dont agree wit the songs on L&F, BWS, Willenium and Code Red... and since i like BTR i dont agrre wit dat either...

hmm great, looks like nobody agrees with me.

nevertheless you should know that i said that they're weak and not BAD songs. i like a lot of tracks on B2R but they're far away from all their other stuff. its just another level. it was meant in the way of comparison to the other songs.

and just like the most of you said, is boom! one of their weak tracks.

Edited by DefCEM

Well there's really no album out there that has perfect songs from beginning till end in reality, but there's not really many rappers or artists in general that have made albums in a span of 20 years that have a bunch

of hot tracks on them, even when FP's at his worst like on "Born To Reign" he's still better than most of the music industry...