JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WORLD TRADE CENTER

DevilsJim89

I'm still gonna wait on this one. When i saw the trailor, i thought 2 myself "are they trying 2 make a music video out of 9-11?" There were 1,000,000 side stories 2 what happened that day...and none of them were happy or uplifting.

This is based on a true story of two survivors - just the way they survive and what they go through is absolutely truely uplifting - which what could be said for all the survivors of that day.

I think alot of you guys missed the point of this post. 9/11 definitly touched us all. However, this isnt a "Romantic" movie - its not suppose to be. It's the story of two ACTUAL survivors of Port Authority police and the movie is seen through their eyes and what them along with many police and firefighters, other workers had to do. As they go into the buildings, you go with them. Everyone should just go see it and trip over something they aint seen. It's just like music, how could you say its wack if you never heard it. There's been documentarys on TV and what not. Goto YouTube and watch one then.

Oliver Stone is telling a story - just go see it. You'll be glad you did.

Yes, this movie is romanticizing what occured, in the same fashion the press did for a good year after the event. The documentraly I speak of it wbout two ACTUAL film makers who were there, and went into the ACTUAL buildings with ACTUAL firefighters. The documentary is with the firefighters through everything in the documentary. And by what you mean by saying "its like music, how can you say its wack when you never heard it". I didn't need to hear it or see it, I lived it! Its like your sister being raped and a rapper makes a song about it, would you want to hear that?

This is based on a true story of two survivors - just the way they survive and what they go through is absolutely truely uplifting - which what could be said for all the survivors of that day.

I had to walk through all that crap that day in order to get home, I survived, got a horrible sore throat for a week due to all the dust I inhaled, and have been traumatized by what I saw (at the age of 12 no less) and have thought about what happened EVERY DAY since it happened, like a horrible recurring nightmare....what's so uplifitng about that?

I mean, I'm not suprized that a lot of people on the board want to see it, because it didn't happen for you. I know Tim said he wants to see it, and I supose that's fine, I'm not his dad, I'm not going to tell him what to do, but I do ask all of you to see 9/11 the documentary to see what really did happen, see true heroism, from the real people. Yes, there were two pert authority officers who were rescued like in the Stone film, but that movie is sensationalized and made to be dramatic. If you wish to see Stone's version, go ahead, but to truly experience the non-computer generated version and the actual heroism, you should see 9/11.

B00006B1HI.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i'm not gonna see this because i go to the movies to have a good time not feel sad or depressed when i leve the theater, i still remember seeing the whole thing on tv all day i feel it's to soon for a movie like this i think i'm gonna pass this one.

I have met the man that this movie is based off of many times.He is missing a leg from being trapped under debree for eight days straight.But he has a fake leg and he isn't in a wheelchair or needs cretches or anything.By the way I met him because he lives in the town next to me.

yeah sonic if i had gone thru that i wouldnt want to see it either. i did see that documentary that u r talking about, it was the most upsetting thing i have seen.

I do wanna see the new one too. The attack affected me, but im sure nothing like it affected u. i can totally see where your coming from.