JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WORLD TRADE CENTER

DevilsJim89

I just came back from the late night showing of Oliver Stone's WORLD TRADE CENTER movie. Everybody must see this movie. It isn't a documentary, it isnt a movie based on the day of 9/11 - it's about two survivors who worked for Port Authority Police for New York/New Jersey. It's not like the perspective we all had of seeing it on TV. This movie takes you into the eyes of those brave cops who went into the towers and got crushed 20 feet underneath. It's about survival and staying together as one, helping each other out. This movie is probably in my book - the movie of the year. It's heart-warming and it'll make you cry. I know I cried. Let me just say too that I didn't know anyone who was involved with 9/11 from victims to police. It didn't directly affect me like some people but it taught me how a lot about people and after seeing this movie, it makes me feel for those who were lost and the people affected.

Bottom line: MUST SEE MOVIE.

I don't know how how i feel about this 9-11 movies. It just seems so soon...it feels like they are making money what this country has lost. Maybe if the money made after the film's buget waz met went 2 some project that paid for things for children who loss parents in 9-11...but that's not the case.

I won't see this in theaters...maybe i'll rent it on 9-11 sometime.

I also think it`s to soon. Just doesnt sound like a good Idea to me. I dont know if I`m gonna watch this. I saw it all on Tv back when it happened, and I`m not planing on seeing omething like that again in the near future. Its not like it something that most of the people didnt see, like World War 2. Anyone who is old enough to watch this, saw this happening.

No thanks, I saw the original FIRST HAND. First off, that day WASN'T ROMANTIC the way the movie portrays it, it was a gritty bloody awful day. If you wan to see a movie about that day just watch the movie 9/11. That was a documentary about that day, two filmmakers were with the firefighters who first responded and saw the first plane crash into the north tower. 9/11 is a film that someone should see if you want to know about what happened. Not some hollywood version by Oliver Stone.

No thanks, I saw the original FIRST HAND. First off, that day WASN'T ROMANTIC the way the movie portrays it, it was a gritty bloody awful day. If you wan to see a movie about that day just watch the movie 9/11. That was a documentary about that day, two filmmakers were with the firefighters who first responded and saw the first plane crash into the north tower. 9/11 is a film that someone should see if you want to know about what happened. Not some hollywood version by Oliver Stone.

Yeah the one shot by the two firefighter brothers was interesting. gotta be way better than fiction...

This is crap. Its not too soon cause it will never be any good trying to make money out of something like that, because basically thats what its all about, if you want to do something other than money, like "telling how it was" or "touch peoples hearts" and stuff, they should documentary. You should never make fiction out of something as big and complex as this because of a whole lot of reasons... Nah, I havent seen this and I wont...

I dont think Oliver Stone is into making movies to make money. He obviously thinks this is an important story to tell.

I think alot of you guys missed the point of this post. 9/11 definitly touched us all. However, this isnt a "Romantic" movie - its not suppose to be. It's the story of two ACTUAL survivors of Port Authority police and the movie is seen through their eyes and what them along with many police and firefighters, other workers had to do. As they go into the buildings, you go with them. Everyone should just go see it and trip over something they aint seen. It's just like music, how could you say its wack if you never heard it. There's been documentarys on TV and what not. Goto YouTube and watch one then.

Oliver Stone is telling a story - just go see it. You'll be glad you did.

I'm still gonna wait on this one. When i saw the trailor, i thought 2 myself "are they trying 2 make a music video out of 9-11?" There were 1,000,000 side stories 2 what happened that day...and none of them were happy or uplifting.