JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fat Joe On His New Album "Me, Myself & I"

Turntable

In addition to touring, Fat Joe is currently putting the finishing touches on his 7th solo LP, Me Myself & I.

The independently released disc set features collaborations with The Game, Lil Wayne and others, as well as production from Streetrunner, DJ Khaled, LV and Scott Storch, who produced Fat Joe's smash single, "Lean Back."

“This album is really my most up close & personal you've ever heard,” said Joe of the album. “I'm showing all sides and letting fans really get to know who I truly am. Lyrically, I'm showing my vulnerable and gangster sides.”

allhiphop.com

--

Thanks for posting this, I'll definately be checking for this album

Over the years, Fat Joe has slipped further and further in2 the commerical rap spiral of watered down beats, uninspirational lyrics, and loads of crappy guests. I'll give anything an honest listen, but over the years, i care less and less for his stuff.

Fat Joe reminds me a lot like Snoop where he was really putting out great stuff when he first came out but then a lot of his recent stuff has been basically a step down and a lil' repetitive but he's still a dope mc overall, with him putting more personal stuff on this album it could be closer to the level of his earlier stuff,he needs to stop working with a few less pop rapproducers and get Premo back on the boards again too...

• Members

I read "Me, Myself & I" and then one of the first thing the article talks about is who he's collaborating with. Anyway, I don't find him to be too good. He's really commercial nowadays (in a bad way).

God Blessa!

evrybody's commercial if they weren't they wouldn't be selling records period

No, 2 me, there's commerical rap and mainstream Hip-Hop. Mainstream Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop music that has decent promotion and has success with all audiences. When i talk about mainstream Hip-Hop, i talking about FP's Switch, LL's Control Myself, BEP's Don't Lie, Jurassic 5's Work It Out, etc.

When i think of commerical rap, i think of rap music that is made just 2 sell records, make money, and become famous. This commercial rap usually has no artistic attempts, creative lyrics, or even a talented so-called "artist." When it comes 2 commerical rap, i think of anything G-Unit, Young Dro, Young Joc, most of Bad Boy stuff, etc.

• Members

No, 2 me, there's commerical rap and mainstream Hip-Hop. Mainstream Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop music that has decent promotion and has success with all audiences. When i talk about mainstream Hip-Hop, i talking about FP's Switch, LL's Control Myself, BEP's Don't Lie, Jurassic 5's Work It Out, etc.

When i think of commerical rap, i think of rap music that is made just 2 sell records, make money, and become famous. This commercial rap usually has no artistic attempts, creative lyrics, or even a talented so-called "artist." When it comes 2 commerical rap, i think of anything G-Unit, Young Dro, Young Joc, most of Bad Boy stuff, etc.

i see but i disagree with g-unit they are talented all of them are i know i am outnumberred in thinking that but thats ok

There's nothing wrong with being mainsteam, that just means that you're successful. Commercial rappers (most of what's getting air time nowadays) rely on gimmicks. Their songs will go #1 on iTunes but nobody is going to go back to it in 5 years. They aren't timeless.

Just look at how many fads hip hop is going through right now. There's the southern obsession (most of these rappers... I really don't see the appeal other than the fact that a 1st grader could easily memorize these lyrics), grills, snap music, etc. What brings these fads to a disgusting level is when people are biting these crappy gimmicks and making their own bad songs out someone elses bad songs. If you're going to steal, steal something worth stealing.

It's part of why I hate the hip hop industry so much right now. So many rappers can't be mainstream without being commercial, or at least that's what they end up choosing. Lil' Wayne might be big right now but I feel stupid after reading his lyrics. There's no thought put into commercial rap. It's all about the hook, lyrics are second class citizens as long as money is involved.

God Blessa!

Black Eyed Peas represent real hip-hop and Fat Joe doesn't? :jusmindyabizness: btw, the way I see it when it comes to the way the hip-hop industry is, there ain't enough so called "real hip-hop heads" to make a change it seems, only kids buy the albums so how do you expect it to change? Just buy what you like and stop complaining, even if it ain't popular who cares, just buy it 'cause you like it, don't worry about the crap everybody else chooses to listen to...

Edited by bigted

Black Eyed Peas represent real hip-hop and Fat Joe doesn't? :jusmindyabizness: btw, the way I see it when it comes to the way the hip-hop industry is, there ain't enough so called "real hip-hop heads" to make a change it seems, only kids buy the albums so how do you expect it to change? Just buy what you like and stop complaining, even if it ain't popular who cares, just buy it 'cause you like it, don't worry about the crap everybody else chooses to listen to...

The crap everybody elses listens to affects what I listen to. They can listen to whatever they want, but that affects what songs I hear on the radio, what videos get airtime, etc.

God Blessa!