JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Signs A CBS Deal For TV Show.

J-o-e

LL Cool J has signed a deal to develop and produce a new dramatic television series with Alchemy Entertainment and CBS, a major television network.

The deal, worth an estimated seven figures, marks LL Cool J's return to prime-time television after the rapper/actor's stint as "Marion Hill" in the television series In The House, which aired on NBC and UPN.

According to terms of the deal, the rapper will have freedom and access to various producers and actors, whether with the networks in-house studio producers or outside. LL chose CBS after strong interest from other major networks.

In July of 2005, LL Cool J and Alchemy Entertainment inked a multiyear movie production deal with Lions Gate films. The first film under that pact is a thriller titled Overnight.

In related news, the Grammy Award winning rapper will perform live in Dublin, Ireland at The Point on Oct. 10.

Could be dope.

Speaking of LL.. I`m pretty shure now that that stuff with 50 are just rumors. MTV said it a few weeeks ago & I never heard anything about it ever since. And only MTV said it, no other site or something like that. To me that screams "False rumor". Thats like when they said DMX was gonna sign with G-Unit.

Edited by Turntable

Well a few years ago I remember reading online that Snoop was planning on doing an album with 50 and it didn't come out yet, that was around the "Get Rich..." times and I'm sure if LL really was working on this album by now I'm sure 50's big mouth would've been commenting on it by now, lol, yeahI think LL's too busy touring for "Todd Smith" and now working on this TV show to release another album so fast anyway, this show sounds hot btw, can't wait till it comes out...

Edited by bigted

I can't say i'm really excited about a new TV project. But it's cool that someone representing Hip-Hop who is smart and positive is behind the scenes on something 4 TV.

I'm also hoping that that Todd Smith: Part 2 album isn't happening. I don't know if i consider it just a rumor yet...but we'll see. He's been pretty quiet when it comes 2 music since "Freeze" got the so-so feedback.

Yeah I thought "Freeze" wasn't the type of song to release as a single, I think "Favorite Flavor" with Mary J. would blow up if it was released but it seems like nobody's smart enough at Def Jam to release it, and yeah the idea of LL doing an album with 50 is something that wouldn't work no matter how you try to slice it, they're on opposite ends of the hip-hop spectrum, not many LL's fans like 50 and most of 50's fans are too stupid to comprehend LL's lyrics so I don't really see that many people buying it, at the most I hope 50's just appearing on one song like what Snoop did with having 50 on one song instead of the whole album when he released "Rhythm And Gangsta" like it was originally planned,btw Jim u gonna try to go see him perform in Atlantic City next Saturday? I'm considering going...