JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Snoop Offers Deeper Perspective On 'Blue Carpet Treatment'

bigted

That's good to hear that Snoop's gonna be a lil' more diverse this time 'cause some of his recent stuff has been kinda repetitive, he's still one of the dopest mcs though...

Snoop Dogg Offers Deeper Perspective On 'Blue Carpet Treatment'

By Chris Richburg

Date: 7/26/2006 9:00 pm

Rapper Snoop Dogg has more than gangsta rhymes in store for fans as he prepares to deliver his upcoming album, The Blue Carpet Treatment.

The album’s title offers a different spin on the traditional treatment reserved for influential people.

"Everybody’s so used to getting the red carpet treatment. I said I’m gonna give you the blue carpet treatment," Snoop Dogg told AllHipHop.com. "You know what it is. It's one of them records that I’ve really been dying to put out, something that’s really me from top to bottom all the way, you understand."

Cameos from Young Jeezy, E-40, Stevie Wonder, R. Kelly, Pharrell, B-Real and Ne-Yo are slated for the album, which will include production from Timbaland, Pharell, Dr. Dre, Frequency, Battlecat and Supafly.

"I thoroughly thought it out," said Snoop, who admitted the new album harbors a deeper perspective on various topics. "Not that the other ones wasn’t right. This is just more to where a n***a is a little older, wiser and know my direction on where I’m going and a little bit more sufficient about what I say now, you understand."

The Blue Carpet Treatment will hit stores in October.

R&G was an ok album but I felt that the finer parts of the album were musical. I think Snoop became a rather repitative afer a while although he had a few great songs. I loved Snoops work during the Chonic/Doggystyle era after which I though he said the same things over and over again. But I still love Snoops present style and attitude and it would be great to see him doing something deeper and more spiritual.

I like Snoop...but i think that he's been stucking doing the same thing and what's safe since 1998. I gotta say that i don't own a single Snoop Dogg CD (i had a copy of Doggystyle back in the day) simply becuz since the late 90's, the lyrical content has been the same (at least from the parts of his albums i've heard). I planned on getting them all this up coming year...but i'm really looking forward 2 this new one after reading this.

I've been a Snoop fan off and on again... alot off with the bad publicity he had gotten... I HEARD him talkin bout his spirituality, and letting go of some of his personal demons... im not sure what his next project is gonna be like, but im hoping its all good. Hes gonna be in Miami next week with a really close friend of myne, and another friend on a seperate occasion shortly afterwards.. so with this kind of inside scoop... ill know if imma be on 'on' fan or 'off' fan. lmbo...

thx 4 da read...

peace,

cookie

"Beautifull" was terrible to me :rofl: "Lets Get Blown" also was terrible. I cant stand that Pharrell Williams/Snoop stufff. At least not the happy stuff. Drop It Like Is Hot was cool.

As far was R&G goes, I think your right. Most of the tracks I realy anjoyed on that album I enjoyed caus of the production, and not caus of Snoop. He even got outflowed by Trina on "Step Yo Game Up" (whic is also a Track in enjoy. Its justa party banger). Come on,lol. "I love to give you light" was the freshet track on there. I loved that one.

Wow AJ I'm a lil'surprised you don't have Snoop's albums, you seem to be his biggest supporter on this board...

I know right???? AJ sent me an inventory of his muziK several years back,..and he STRAIT blew me away... walking DJ Bomb!. lol so i can only imagine whas going on in his muzik now..and i cant believe he dont have nothing of Snoops..

speaking of AJs collection... if anybody want sum Will Smith DVDs of MIBII, let me know, cuz i can hook u up for ONE buck... plus ur shipping... i saw a HEAP of em in a store here for a dollar... let me know now?...

peace,

cookie