JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP SOLO AUDIO BATTLE RULES

Da Brakes

JJFP Audio Battle Rules

For Normal Rounds/Quarter Finals/Semi Finals

For the contestants

:: The contestants you face will be randomly selected in the opening round. Who you face in the next round will be determined by previous winners.

:: I will start each battle off, so just look for your username in the topic title.

:: Each of you will be battling solo against someone else, the winner will be the one to go through.

:: Each contestant will rhyme over the same beat selected by the battle host. This is the only fair way for both contestants. You are not allowed to edit the beat.

:: Each contestant will rhyme for 16 bars and no more. If you go over you will be disqualified. However you can rhyme for less if you wish.

:: I will say which person battles first.

:: The deadline for posting your freestyle will be one day, if you haven't posted by this time you will be disqualified. (This is to speed up the whole battle process)

:: Each recorded battle should be uploaded via http://www.yousendit.com (the most useable upload programme for the majority of forum users.

:: Each contestant must also submit their lyrics so that the judges can understand every word you say.

For the judges (anybody not battling):

:: Once the contestants have posted, you have a deadline of 1 day to vote.

:: A Poll System will be used to decide the winner of each round.

:: The polls will be created and closed by me (Da Brakes)

:: The poll will be open for exactly 1 day for voting. After this, it will be closed and the winner will be visible for everyone to see

:: Comments about the battle can also be posted in the poll if you would like to give feedback to each contestant

For the Final

For the finalists

:: I will start the battle off, so just look for the topic title mentioning the word final and then your username.

:: The person with the previous best results will spit first, you may spit up to 32 lines. You may rhyme for less than this but not over. If you do you will be disqualified.

:: Each contestant will rhyme over the same beat selected by the battle host. This is the only fair way for both contestants. You are not allowed to edit the beat.

:: Once you have uploaded your first freestyle, you will then post another each in the same order as before.

:: The deadline for posting your freestyle will be one day, if you haven't posted by this time you will be disqualified.

:: Each contestant will spit two 32 line verse

:: Each recorded battle should be uploaded via http://www.yousendit.com (the most useable upload programme for the majority of forum users.

:: Each contestant must also submit their lyrics so that the judges can understand every word you say.

For the judges (anybody not battling):

:: Once the contestants have posted, you have a deadline of 2 days to vote.

:: A Poll Systemwill be used to decide the winner of each round.

:: The polls will be created and closed by me (Da Brakes)

:: The poll will be open for exactly 1 day for voting. After this, it will be closed and the winner will be visible for everyone to see

:: Comments about the battle can also be posted in the poll if you would like to give feedback to each battler

In the event that I am involved in any particular battle, I will ask somebody else to collect the votes for my battle.

:smart:

• 8 months later...