JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Attended MegaFest 2006

http://www.prweb.com//releases/2006/7/prweb415882.htm

MegaFest 2006 was a Soulful Event

MegaFest 2006, a Bishop T.D. Jakes branded event, was held in Atlanta, Georgia on July 19-22, 2006. It was four days and three nights of spiritual enrichment for the entire family through a multitude of activities, workshops, entertainment and worship services. FTC Publications provided complete series coverage of the entire event and surrounding activities via multiple articles and columns.

(PRWEB) July 25, 2006 -- MegaFest 2006, a Bishop T.D. Jakes branded event, was held in Atlanta, Georgia on July 19-22, 2006. It was four days and three nights of spiritual enrichment for the entire family through a multitude of activities, workshops, entertainment and worship services. FTC Publications provided complete series coverage of the entire event and surrounding activities via multiple articles and columns.

On the floor and through the crowd, the noise was deafening. There were a number of people that were there of diverse backgrounds from all across the globe, coming together to praise, give thanks and receive healing. The energy was spine-tingling.

When Bishop T.D. Jakes took the stage and welcomed his audience, the energy went through the roof. It was very hard to contain composure, throughout his sermon. He is an awesome speaker with such a commanding presence.

Bishop T.D. Jakes spoke about healing yourself from within, "You can't deal with the fruit until you deal with the root. You can't rebuke a conflict on the outside if you have a conflict on the inside. What you are dealing with that is seen, starts with the spiritual realm which is unseen."

Such power in his words. The audience was riveted and overcome with the spirit. He ended his sermon by asking everyone to hold hands with a prayer partner and pray "Peace Unto You." Praying for their personal well-being, their families' well-being, and for spiritual healing. Afterwards, the audience rushed to the stage with arms held high to receive a special prayer from the Bishop.

Thursday night, Bishop T.D. Jakes was commemorated for his 30 years of ministerial service during The Celebration of Unity Concert at the Georgia Dome. The attendees were treated to five hours of gospel music with a twist of soul featuring performances by Aretha Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Kelly Price, Fred Hammond, Vanessa Bell Armstrong and Jeff Majors, and the Grammy award-winning Potter's House Mass Choir.

Celebrities that personally addressed the Bishop included Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Will Smith, Boris Kudjoe, LL Cool J, Star Jones and Tom Joyner. Bishop T.D. Jakes' children also stood up and congratulated their father on his accomplishments and for just being a great father. All of the performances were memorable and much respect to Aretha Franklin. However, after Kirk Franklin exited the stage and the audience began chanting "Oh Oh ... Oh Oh Oh", he turned it out when he came back and had everyone jumping to "Stomp." Donnie McClurkin surprised the audience with a personalized rendition of "Killing Me Softly," which was dedicated to Bishop Jakes. The crowd was amazed at Shirley Caesar's boundless energy and rapping skills. Yes, she really did her thing. The concert was a wonderful event that entertained into the late hour. "A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Hurricane Katrina survivors and the construction of fresh water wells in Kenya, Africa as part of the Potter's House emergency relief efforts," according Bishop T.D. Jakes, referring to The Celebration of Unity Concert.

Friday night, The Just Churchin' Comedy Show at Philips Arena, featuring Tommy Davidson, Jonathan Slocumb, Vickie Winans, and Mr. Brown from "Meet the Browns", was one event guests were looking forward to in particular. Steve Harvey hosted again this year and did another stand up job. He kept the show going with his tell-it-like-it-is humor and cool demeanor, without swearing for the sake of his audience. There were also cameo appearances by Christopher Reid and Christopher Martin (Kid 'N Play), Cheryl 'Salt' James (Salt-n-Pepa), and Diane Amos (The Pine-Sol Lady). Tommy Davidson was a MegaHit! He commanded his audience with his comedic gestures and incessant humor. A favorite part of his act was the musical tribute to the old-school R&B songs that are "gone," which had the audience singing along.

Overall, MegaFest 2006 was a very positive and inspiring event. No one can deny the fact that he is truly saving lives and healing souls through the word.

Bishop Jakes is quoted in Gospel Today saying, "I really want MegaFest and events like this to be a platform that we can introduce new speakers and new ideas and new concepts and expose people who wouldn't ordinarily be exposed. At this point, after 30 years, I'm not particularly as interested about being on the stage as I am in becoming a stage whereby new generations and new speakers and new voices can continue to be heard and exposed. That's one of the ways that the body of Christ can continue to grow and develop and hear what God is saying into the lives of other people."

Nicole Wallace writes for FTC Publications, which provides News, Sports, and Event coverage around the world.

Edited by bigted

Thanks for the article and the link guys. Sounds like it was a great event.

thanx, Wills hair has grown a bit but now its completly grey. Sorry im on hair watch, i cant help it, im a woman.

It could just be the lighting and the angle... Hopefully, that's what it is.

thanx, Wills hair has grown a bit but now its completly grey. Sorry im on hair watch, i cant help it, im a woman.

Hopefully?! Come on, Who cares if he's got gray hair... Does he become a worse actor or rapper because of dat?... I think we should stop concerning about this hair thing, If it's gray it's gray. and if its black it's black! :smart:

Hopefully?! Come on, Who cares if he's got gray hair... Does he become a worse actor or rapper because of dat?... I think we should stop concerning about this hair thing, If it's gray it's gray. and if its black it's black! :smart:

haha man, you don't understand women...

haha man, you don't understand women...

Well, All women dont think hair have to be black. I'm shure some like it to be gray.... I'm allso sure im wrong, but hey, I just said what I think... And I dont care if it's grey, black or yellow (Nah, If his hair turns yellow i'm gonna start getting a little worried)... But you get my point. :wiggle: