JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

MaxFly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too, what year did they start bcoz i remmember when they first showed it and i was like, what is this rubbish, by the end of the show i loved it.

I loved the song for the movie too, t.u.r.t.l.e power, and my friend thought it was "changing your parts u can now get power" lol.

• Admin

me and AJ grew up on the turtles..you younguns dont know what you missed! :wiggle:

I grew up on them 2. Ever heard of reruns?lol

Yes but you missed the actual phenomenon! when you had kids gettin down in sewers and stuff :kekeke:

Yes but you missed the actual phenomenon! when you had kids gettin down in sewers and stuff :kekeke:

I may be a bit younger than you guys, but count me in on the phenomenon! Fact: As a child, I definitely insisted on crouching down near each sewer I passed, shouting down a brief "hello" to my pizza-eating heroes. If it weren't for my parents, I probably would have been one of those kids who ventured down there. :shifty:

I also still have a carrying case filled with my old Turtle action figures in my bedroom, and some of my earliest memories include running around and playing Ninja Turtles with my best friend from back then - I "was" Leonardo, and I had the plastic swords - and going to meet the Turtles when they paid a visit to a local mall. And if I felt compelled, I could totally post pictures from my all-out Turtle-themed 4th birthday party. Turtle hats, paper plates, cake, presents, the whole nine yards. Good times. :3-laugh3:

Edited by scyhigh99

I hope they stay as close to the original story as possible. Althou I grew up with the old TV-show I've always liked the original adult comic more. I guess they'll make it a lot more kid-friendly to make more money, but as long as they keep the original story (Splinter is not hamato yoshi and so on) im happy.

a hint for all you guys in here: I've got a big poster of michaelangelo (the orange one) in my bedroom and the ladies loves it. its a great ice-breaker when bringing a girl to your bed :2thumbs: :wiggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Noo this movie is gonna be like the original comic.. a lot darker.. :gettinjiggywitit:

Yep the trailer looks great...can't wait for the movie! :wiggle:

Oh and Tim, you're not the only one who grew up with the turtles man...that was my show back in the day! :kekeke:

wow I didnt realise so many grew up on it later :gettinjiggywitit: I wonder how this movie will do at the box office

I think it'll do pretty well. Every guy from 26 down is going to want to see it and it's in an entirely new and different format... Everything before was cartoon animation or live action... The CGI looks great from what I saw, but if the whole movie is that good, it should do well.

Noo this movie is gonna be like the original comic.. a lot darker.. :gettinjiggywitit:

Yep the trailer looks great...can't wait for the movie! :wiggle:

Oh and Tim, you're not the only one who grew up with the turtles man

yeah me too , i still got some VHS with the cartoon episodes :wiggle: