12. Goodbye

13. Life Be My Song

14. The Prayer VI

15. Lord Give Me A Sign

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even tho' DMX has yet 2 match his 1st album...i love his stuff. He just brings that gritty, dark, hardcore street vibe and holds nothing back. I can't wait 2 get the new album. I hope it makes up for the last 2. I like the album cover 2. I'm only worried about the guests on the album. Busta Rhymes is the only one that sparks my interest.

Even tho' DMX has yet 2 match his 1st album...i love his stuff. He just brings that gritty, dark, hardcore street vibe and holds nothing back. I can't wait 2 get the new album. I hope it makes up for the last 2. I like the album cover 2. I'm only worried about the guests on the album. Busta Rhymes is the only one that sparks my interest.

I don't know. Styles, Jada, and Amerie sound interesting.

You didn't like "The Great Depression"? That was one of the best albums that I've heard over the last few years, it's basically close to the same level as "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot" too, with great tracks like "Who We Be", "I Miss U"(this track right here came out when around the time that my grandmom died so this holds a special place to me, one of the realest tracks ever), "You Could Be Blind", "Bloodline Anthem", "We're Right Here", "Shorty Was Da Bomb", "A Minute For Your Son", etc...

I could understand if you didn't like "Grand Champ" 'cause it had too much filler tracks on it but it was still better commercial release than most albums in 2003, and what I thought brought that album down was there was too many guests on it and they didn't fit DMX's style, which was probably Def Scam's idea just like what they're doing to Uncle L now, this one has much less guest appearances, even though I ain't big on Sytles and Jada I think that they have great chemistry with DMX, I enjoy most of the tracks DMX worked with the Lox, Amerie's cool too, it could be a lot worse considering that this album's released on Columbia, some people heard it being leaked and they're saying that it's one of DMX's best albums in a long time, can't wait to buy it on release date after work...

Edited by bigted

DMX hasn't lost it at all...he's still on the top of his game...i've already heard "We In Here" It's a good track...but i'm wondering how the rest of the album will play out...Is this a worldwide release? Or jus USA for now and then the UK?

When it comes to careers, I got unlimited respect for DMX. Every single one of his albums have went #1 right? That seems to be an overlooked accomplishment. Yeah Ted, I liked "The Great Depression" as well. That's the only DMX album I have. I have to say, I'm a lil worried about DMX's following. I mean, now he's got a reality show, so I don't know what that's gonna do. DMX is being and speaking the truth about himself; he's done so his whole career. It's no telling what the result will be.

DMX is one of the most consistant rappers of all time no doubt about it, he puts his life into his music, it ain't just about making songs to make songs and that's why people've been able to relate to him, the amazing thing about him having 5 straight #1 albums is that he never sold himself short just to sell more, he's always stayed true to himself, now that's inspiring to see in a watered down music industry... I like the idea of having this reality show on BET to connect more to the fans, "Lord Give Me A Sign" is a relevant single to release now with all the troubles in the world too...

He was performing the song during the BET Awards a couple weeks ago and just as you mention that I just turn to BET and see that they just played the video now...

I bought this cd this morning and when I finished to listen to it I was amazed. I had huge expectations after his 5 albums and I wasn't disappointed. The album is very very good, the tracks are all great and the beats are dope. The best songs for me are Lord give me a sign, Come Thru feat. Busta Rhymes and I run s***

One of the best rap albums of the year, without a doubt. I just can tell you to go out and buy this one, because it's a very very good cd. You'll miss somethin' if you don't buy this one.

Well today's the release date for this album here in the US so later on after I come back from work I'll be on with my feedback...