JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New JJFP?

I think everyone here appriciates the JJ+FP trax like Potnas, The Rain, Don't Say Nothin', It's All Good, and so on. But for those who didn't get 2 witness JJ+FP do their thing as JJ+FP will be in 4 a big surprise.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah really it's about the music, I just hope that the record label doesn't force them to water down their style by working with a lot of wack commercial rappers and singers just to be relevant on the Billboard charts, that's my main concern...

To those who said about changing the name: NO! Its Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince. NOT Will Smith ft. Jazzy Jeff or Will Smith & Jazzy Jeff...its Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince. thats how it is.

Their album can be underground I dont care. I'd love to see success but at the same time I just want a followup to "Code Red". I dont wanna see a big label control them. They should just relase it thru "A Touch Of Jazz" and/or BBE Records that Jeff is on.

I dont wanna see a big label control them. They should just relase it thru "A Touch Of Jazz" and/or BBE Records that Jeff is on.

Somehow, I just came across this topic. I want to make some joke like:

If and when a new JJFP album is announced, the collective good vibes from all the people in this forum will be so strong that all of the world's wars & violence will cease and peace & harmony will spontaneously sweep the globe. Also, the AIDS virus will inexplicably disappear.

But I'm way too tired to tighten up the wording and make such a joke work. So I'll just fall back on some clickable smilies....

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :gettinjiggywitit: :gettinjiggywitit: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :kool: :kool: :gettinjiggywitit: :2thumbs:

Well I think "Willenium" probably originally was supposed to be an official JJFP album considering how much they worked together on that album, Will went to Philly to record most of it with Jeff and TOJ, Columbia probably had different plans though considering how much "Big Willie Style" sold, I think it was probably more Columbia's idea for Will to use his real name than it was Will's 'cause it'd gain some of his movie fans to check out his music for the first time, Will says at the end of some concerts "on behalf of Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince...", I don't think he really has a problem with his mc name, I think it's more of a thing with his films, he could keep using his real name for films, he should try to seperate music and film images, now that'd be the ultimate wack thing if the album's associated with one of Will's films, we want it to be all about the music here, well if you check Interscope's site it still has Will on the roster, there hasn't been any news of Will leaving the label or them dropping him, you figure a year after the album came out they'd say something by now, more than likely he probably has more albums on his deal...

Yeah "L&F" basically outsold all the other rap projects on that label last year except the wack rappers, lol, like I said earlier going gold these days is an accomplishment for any artist, if they drop Will that means they'll be cleaning the labels, lol, I'm sure they didn't expect it to sell 5 million by only releasing 1 single in 6 months, the best thing for Will'd be to use Will Smith on the credits of his movies and on the album covers he should go as Fresh Prince and I don't want somebody like Chingy to executive produce this album either...

Edited by bigted

Well I think "Willenium" probably originally was supposed to be an official JJFP album considering how much they worked together on that album, Will went to Philly to record most of it with Jeff and TOJ,

RIGHT!!! I'm sure Will wanted to be the fresh prince again in the rap game,that's why he released by himself so fresh.that video should have been the official come back of jjfp, think about the video..."jazzy jeff & fresh prince for eva"...It's a pity columbia screwed will's plan.

Jazzy Jeff was also in both "Will2K" and "Freakin' It" videos and the album was executive produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, the only thing missing was it being said on the album cover, really it's been the closest thing to a JJFP album since "Code Red"...

The name is just a name. If we got another Willenium as far as contribtuion from Jeff went, then we'd all be ecstatic.

Exactly what I've been trying to say, if we get another album like that I don't think we'd complain that much whatever it's called!! :smart:

Julie knows the score, and i think its a Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 0 Man Utd.

I other words something that probably aint likely to happen although its a now if any time thing, but the world would love it if it did.

hehe, come on guys i had to throw in a name check for my team