JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 CENT BRINGS RAP 2 A NEW LOW

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 is not wack but wessyde is right this is about the cover of a mixtape and bart 5 its a matter of opinion about which hip hop is good so rememebre that please, and in ansewr to wessyde even though i like 50 that is a stupid cover

I know that it is a matter of opinion about which hip hop I think is good. What I was trying to say was that I am not embarrased to be a hip hop fan even though, in my opinion, there are plenty of rappers out there today that give rap/hip hop a bad name.

Honestly, I think this BEEF crap between the two of them is getting old. Sometimes, when these artists get into it, it's a lil entertaining but not when the problem is exaggerated. Another that gets exaggerated is the level of Hip Hop. It's all preference I guess. But one thing I wonder is if say Fifty admitted that all this "gangsta" stuff he did was fake, yet he did it anyway. Would he be respect for working his gimmick?

50 is the best selling musician around.. He could care less about respect. Ever thought about it like that?

That's usually how most people think when they sell out for money. As I've said before, 50 is not serious about hip-hop. It's his hustle. He uses it to make money. He's not trying to make a difference in his music like Common or deadprez. So he could a rat's a$$ about respect and responsibility.

50 is the best selling musician around.. He could care less about respect. Ever thought about it like that?

That's usually how most people think when they sell out for money. As I've said before, 50 is not serious about hip-hop. It's his hustle. He uses it to make money. He's not trying to make a difference in his music like Common or deadprez. So he could a rat's a$$ about respect and responsibility.

Exactly. And its not even his fault that he sells. It seems like 5 Million peeps love what he does. Dont blame him, blame the stupid kids out there.. 50`s just earning the money.

• Members

Exactly. And its not even his fault that he sells. It seems like 5 Million peeps love what he does. Dont blame him, blame the stupid kids out there.. 50`s just earning the money.

i wouldn't say that he just happens to put out good music well to me anyways, i loved how the filter said wack rapper #1 even though i like him i thought that was funny :3-laugh3:

Well yeah really we always want to point the finger at the artists like 50 and say that they're dragging down hip-hop but really it's more than just them, it's a combination of things, on the most part like Turntable said is the millions of kids who go out and buy these albums and of course what happens to everybody else that don't fall into that teen fanbase? I thought hip-hop has generations of fans, a lot of them complain about the state of the game and what they kids listen to, they don't be supporting the true artists out there like they would if they really love hip-hop, what happens when they get past their teen years they don't listen to it or buy it anymore? How could we seriously expect the music genre to expand and be diverse if only teenagers make up the consuming audience? Record companies deserve some blame for being greedy and monopolizing off of it.. And yes this 50 and Game beef is dragged out like fuq mentioned, Game needs to focus on making a great album and needs to ignore 50's immature antics 'cause it seems like 50's just doing anything to get attention but with most of hip-hop's audience being arround his age as far as maturity is concerned this is why he acts this way 'cause these kids could relate to that, lol, he acts like those punks in grade school who always wanna start fights for attention 'cause they get ignored at home, 50's got insecurities...

Edited by bigted