JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Dissed By Eminem

• Members

In the Real Slim Shady, and overall, disrespect in some interviews.

Ah I see... so its never really just one thing

In the Real Slim Shady, and overall, disrespect in some interviews.

Ah I see... so its never really just one thing

see I have a problem with that ppl need to learn there aint no point in raggin on someone for who they are what hey do clothes they were nothin everyone is different WHY DONT PPL KNOW THIS

• Members

yeah but it times to let it go..it happened a few yrs ago, and will responded in his most recent album..its buried at this point, i believe

Wait Will is responding to E??? Or other way around

it first started in the real slim shady when em said " will smith dont need to cuss in his rhymes to sell records, well i do so **** him and **** you too". he did some other stuff like doing a stupid impression of Will at an awards ceremony.

Then on lost and found, a good few years later Will responded on "mr nice guy" and said. "Dissed by Eminem but did it bother him (yup), but he classy, Big Will just get another 20 mil, and walk right pass E."

nothing really came of it then.

• Members

it first started in the real slim shady when em said " will smith dont need to cuss in his rhymes to sell records, well i do so **** him and **** you too". he did some other stuff like doing a stupid impression of Will at an awards ceremony.

Then on lost and found, a good few years later Will responded on "mr nice guy" and said. "Dissed by Eminem but did it bother him (yup), but he classy, Big Will just get another 20 mil, and walk right pass E."

nothing really came of it then.

yeah i figured thats what it was about when i heard thatt song after getting the album

• Members

People made a whole big thing about Will's response on Lost & Found though. Saying it was a weak diss, that came too many years after the event. But people fail to realise it wasnt a diss. The rumour was knocking about prior to the album that Will was going to release a whole diss response track related to Slim. But that couldnt be farer from the truth.

This topic has been beaten to death on this forum, you could do a search and probably find a million topics on it, Will never really cared about what Eminem said about him in the "Real Slim Shady" in 2000 'cause he figured that Eminem would fade away in a few years since he was using gimmicks to sell albums... I think he just made "Mr. Nice Guy" to let people know not to take his kindness for granted, he wanted to show people that he didn't want to be involved with a silly beef, and he mentioned Eminem in the song 'cause he's grown some respect for him since he realised that Eminem's still standing today with his career, the way I see it he just mentioned to the interviewers that he had something for Eminem so that people would check for it and understand the message he was trying to get across in that song, he said to them in the interviewers specially that it wasn't about starting beef, Will used that strategy 'cause he sees how the game has turned into the WWE where people only check for the fabricated drama, but you know he wouldn't win over many fans unless he decided to stoop down to Eminem's level and call him a fag in a song, lol... I think the media and the fans overexaggerate things sometimes, Eminem never responded so obviously he got respect for Will, you gotta understand that Eminem really makes fun of himself too in his songs so it's like you can't really take most of what he says to heart, end of discussion...

Edited by bigted