JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Getting a set of turntables for my B-day

PhiL

• Members

I'm gonna be getting a set of turntables for my B-day and i was just wondering if any one of you on here could tell me how it works? People have been telling me that with a set of turntables all you have do is move the vinal disks back and fourth with your hand and mess around with the mixer in the middle but i have a feeling that there's alot more to it than that

I'm gonna be getting a set of turntables for my B-day and i was just wondering if any one of you on here could tell me how it works? People have been telling me that with a set of turntables all you have do is move the vinal disks back and fourth with your hand and mess around with the mixer in the middle but i have a feeling that there's alot more to it than that

Lol.. belive me when I say this bro: Mixing is not just moving your hand and messing the disks back and forth.. Jazzy Jeff proved that..

But I can say this.. If you gonna buy players.. Buy Technics.. Best in the world..

Edited by Pakalicous

Here are some links on scratching and more: http://www.djvibe.com/learn/mix/

This site is in swedish but all you have to do is go to the scratch you want to see and then click on Real or windows media player to see how to do the scratch:

http://www.djbattle.net/scratchschool.php?scratchID=1

All about practice my friend. You'll be rubbish at first and get frustrated, thinking to yourself why you wanted them in the first place. But just stick at it and you'll have some fun dude. Pick up some varying vinyl now. Good to have a bit of a mixture