JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I TOLD U SO

I know there are some Linkin Park fans on this board. In the past i've blown them off since they don't make the kinda music i like. Outside of 2 or 3 singles, i just don't feel them. When they boasted about Mike Shinoda as an emcee, i just couldn't take them seriously...but i should have.

A lil' over a month ago, i fell in love with the song "Where'd You Go" when it started picking up steam on Top 40 radio. I remember asking a few friends like "Who is that...it sounds like a white guy...maybe the guy from LP." Nobody knew so i had 2 find out 4 myself...and i did. I just think that song is flawless. 2 me that song itself is worth the price of the CD, and since they don't release singles in the US, i picked up the CD...and i'm falling in love with it.

The beats are like good upper/underground Hip-Hop with some edge 2 it. And i definitly feel Mike's flow. I haven't gotten in 2 the lyrics much yet, but some of them have stood out 2 me. On top of that, he's got Hip-Hop heavy weights like Common Sense and Black Thought on it. He's not on the level of FP, LL, Common, but he's definitly got skillz and i'm liking this album alot.

I'm anticipating quite a few "I told u so" relpies.....bring 'em on...ha ha.

lol, Fort Minors album is decent. i lived with a huge LP fan so he picked it up for that reason even though he's not really into Hip-Hop. Its a good album and although it'll be a sleeper on the Hip Hop fans front, who cares.

Glad you like it AJ

"Where'd You Go" is a great song, the album's pretty good too, I'm with you AJ how I ain't a LP fan but I'm feeling it...

Yeah, the Fort Minor album is good, there are a lot of good tracks on there, "Back Home" is one of my favorites.