JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What would you do?

Schnazz

What would you do if you where given a guaranteed yearly stipend for the rest of your life that would put you firmly in the middle class of where ever you live. You wouldn't be rich, but you could live comfortably for the rest of your life with out ever working. For arguments sake, let's say that this stipend is absolutely guaranteed, regardless of what happens in the world, and you always would have a comfortable, but not rich lifestyle, regardless of what happens in the world. Would you work, travel, relax, something else? Why?

If I was given that...I'd work.

why? Make extra money, and not have to stress about my job. I'd already have the money given to me for the bills. I could make some extra money on the side for the family. you know, vacations, gifts, things that I don't really need but want..lol.

I would probably work as well, so that I could afford trips and stuff. But I probably wouldn't work a steady job. I'd probably work until I got enough money to go on my next trip, then I'd quit the job.

But at the start (let's say it starts now) I'd relax in order to learn to drive, and get other stuff in order (live move out from living with my parents :gettinjiggywitit: )

I'd work and live within the means of the stipend while investing the money I make from my employment. There's something fulfilling about doing a full days work, especially when it's something you enjoy, so I really wouldn't be looking to quit or forego employment. I'd put money away for the kids, go on vacations and just generally try to secure the future financially for my family. I'd likely use some of the money to help extended family... I have a lot of family back in the West Indies...

There are a number of things... I'd really have to sit down and plan.

If i had a house that was all paid and I had enough money to keep the place running...I would probably work evenings or something at a bar...A nice relaxing atmosphere and not worrying about the wage...Save up enough money for something my children wanted...Then I would get it for them

id work. One of the reasons i work is bcoz id be really bored if i had nothing to do but watch tv all day. Like Max said there is something about doing a days work and knowing u worked for that money.

btw, u could really do this if u wanted to, its called benefits. No work just get loads of money.

What would you do if you where given a guaranteed yearly stipend for the rest of your life that would put you firmly in the middle class of where ever you live. You wouldn't be rich, but you could live comfortably for the rest of your life with out ever working. For arguments sake, let's say that this stipend is absolutely guaranteed, regardless of what happens in the world, and you always would have a comfortable, but not rich lifestyle, regardless of what happens in the world. Would you work, travel, relax, something else? Why?

About 5% of the Swedish population live that way, without working (cause there are no jobs).

Personally, I would... I dont know what I would. I would work, I love working.

I would use that tyme and work on my own personal business, to get it up and running like I'd want it. That would allow me to focus on promotional packets, advertisement, my website...etc... and doing portraits for my clients full tyme, versus using the majority of my tyme (as i do now) to work in the corporate world (((((overtyme))))) just to get ahead. haha... now that would be the life... as we all DONT know it...

i just can't see myself NOT working...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies