JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent To Executive Produce LL Cool J's Next Album

bigted

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LL basically been trying too hard to stay on the charts over the past few years, his music ain't really that much different than what 50, Jay-Z, etc. are doing, if you like anything after "10" you'll probably like some 50 Cent songs, Jay-Z songs, etc., he been trying too hard to keep up with current rappers rather than just do what he does best, now really "The GOAT" album was a perfect example of LL at his best, like "Mr. Smith", "Mama...", "Bad", "Radio", and even

"14 Shots...", he displays all emotions over raw hip-hop tracks and the r&b tracks that're there are smooth and soulful, some of the r&b tracks that he's done recently sound watered down and the harder tracks on the recent album don't have a strong enough beat for them I feel, there are some excepts like "One In The Morning", "Hush", "Throw Ya L's Up", "We're Gonna Make It", "Down The Aisle", and "Big Mama", LL still got a lot of skills, I think he just needs to craft his next album a lil' bit better to get to the level where he needs to be, and like I said earlier 50 ain't the "WOAT"(worst of all time), maybe that'd be the case if his career started last year, but if you heard anything he did from when he did "How To Rob" all the way through "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" album it's hard to say that he don't have skills, he still displays it once in a while too, he showed some life on the "GRODT" soundtrack and some recent mixtapes, that new single with Eminem is actually bearable too so I don't really worry that much with him collabing with LL as I would've a year ago...

Edited by bigted

Well actually with "Todd Smith" not hitting platinum like "10" and "The Definition" might've been a wakeup call for him to step his game up, he realised that he can't continue to be on "cruise control" and expect everybody to still buy it

That's what being a real emcee is about...not having a catchy trendy beat and a cute lil' R-N-B hook (or ignorant repeatative chant).

Sorry, but that is exactly what The Definition, 10 and Todd Smith are all about. Catchy lil hooks and trendy beats. Except for maybe a few tracks, like Big Mama and Were Gona Make It.

I think Headsprung was a good balance of classic LL and what was hot then. The bass hits HARD, and he's really good on it. Feel The Beat has an old school style beat to it also. I think Definition is his best of the later years.

• Members

I didnt hear Get Rich Or Die Tryin, but I can tell it's wack though cause I heard The Massacre. I hate the mentality that you have to try everything to see if its wack or not, cause thats bull****; sometimes you just gotta use your logic.

i disagree with that logic because it dosen't make sense plus to not even listen to grdt and say its wack is stupid

I didnt hear Get Rich Or Die Tryin, but I can tell it's wack though cause I heard The Massacre. I hate the mentality that you have to try everything to see if its wack or not, cause thats bull****; sometimes you just gotta use your logic.

i disagree with that logic because it dosen't make sense plus to not even listen to grdt and say its wack is stupid

I agree.. That's a stupid thing to say.. Lerkot, get some fresh air.. go outside.. try to listen some other music then slick rick, melle mel, jjfp etc. and please dont pre judge anything.. it's very near actin like an assh*le you know..

Peace

I agree.. That's a stupid thing to say.. Lerkot, get some fresh air.. go outside.. try to listen some other music then slick rick, melle mel, jjfp etc. and please dont pre judge anything.. it's very near actin like an assh*le you know..

Peace

I do listen to new stuff. But not thing I do know is crap. I always read some of the lyrics when I hear about a new album.

with Busta or DMX and make

great music selling millions instead of doing teenybopper **** with 50 and the G-String girls?.. He don't need 50 but I guess it's only about the money now

well dmx or busta is really his style. dmx is too angry for him..

if you think about it, 50 and LL are both "ladies men" so they can relate on some level. BUt im thinkin your takin it a lil too serious, i do understand what your thinkin cause you love him too much, but its not like he said that 50 ccent is my new lover and he will be on every track. hes producing it, makeing the beats, maybe gonna do the hook on one verse perhaps one verse...hes not saying i wanna be 50, hes saying i want a hot album...hot beats. 50 cent has the hits so i see where the money issue comes in. but i think its more about quailty beats

Edited by Concept

with Busta or DMX and make

great music selling millions instead of doing teenybopper **** with 50 and the G-String girls?.. He don't need 50 but I guess it's only about the money now

well dmx or busta is really his style. dmx is too angry for him..

if you think about it, 50 and LL are both "ladies men" so they can relate on some level. BUt im thinkin your takin it a lil too serious, i do understand what your thinkin cause you love him too much, but its not like he said that 50 ccent is my new lover and he will be on every track. hes producing it, makeing the beats, maybe gonna do the hook on one verse perhaps one verse...hes not saying i wanna be 50, hes saying i want a hot album...hot beats. 50 cent has the hits so i see where the money issue comes in. but i think its more about quailty beats

Well that's how I originally felt when I first heard about him wanting 50 to executive produce for him but now I'm ok with it 'cause I see 50's starting to turn it around a lil' bit, I don't have a problem anymore, I think I overreacted a bit when I first heard about it since I thought that LL was gonna rush out an album that was gonna ruin his legacy but now I see he's taking his time with it so I don't think that way anymore, and now the track with Kool G Rap/Premiere is a sign of something great, I'm actually anticipating the album... Now of course if Dr. Dre gets to produce on this album I think that'd be something else to look forward to, and now the main point I wanted to make Lerk is that if you can't say 50 has no talent if you heard "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'", the dude could rap, even if you don't like the style you got to admit that, even KRS-ONE was giving props to 50 around the time that album dropped, 50 had mad credability then...

Edited by bigted

I was just peeping LL's bio on wikepedia.com and I noticed that it mentions how he's rumored to sign onto Columbia Records for future albums after "Todd Smith 2: Return To Cool"